Play a guitar

Mr. Beanz

Aug 18, 2015
I like "trying" to play the guitar. I can't sing for snot and my brother has a better voice so he sings once in a while when we can get together. But he is never available to practice or I think we could do better.

We get together once every year of so to try a few songs. So these videos are with no practice so I'm happy with them. As you can see, he doesn't know the words by heart so that takes away from it and the song he does know, I am not familiar with but overall, I think it's cool! :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://youtu.be/3loheY6PXfM

Couple other Elvis oldies! Yeah, I tried to get him to turn down the reverb but he took a liking to it! :p

View: https://youtu.be/JBjxrplLU8A

View: https://youtu.be/lljbDakEuUQ

Kind of a rocky start but OK. He had me change a couple of things in this song that I thought was incorrect but hey, just having fun!

View: https://youtu.be/9j_NgBNrz-Q

Good job, I play a lot myself. The whole point is to have fun, if it turns into work your doing it wrong! Few things bring as much joy into my life as a quiet evening and my guitar.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
Good job, I play a lot myself. The whole point is to have fun, if it turns into work your doing it wrong! Few things bring as much joy into my life as a quiet evening and my guitar.

Yeah, it's all about fun! I try to sing in some of my videos but I suck ha ha! Though I only sing to piece the song together. Some critics point out I hit wrong notes blah blah blah. It's like people, I'm just doing it for fun. I'm not Eddie Van Halen and like having fun on the bike, I'm not Lance either! :D

Like you, I do it for fun, not a job! :cool:

My singing is not good but I have fun! :)

View: https://youtu.be/h2CXtiTWa5Y

Back in the early 70's there was a show called "name that tune". My cousins and I were about 10 years old. We used to play our own little version of the game and I always sucked big time. Couldn't carry a tune (not that I can now) couldn't whistle a tune to save my life so whenever I play a song on the guitar and someone recognizes it., that's a big accomplishment for a musical talent lacking guy like me. I think I like the challenge of trying to do something that is against my abilities.

No mic, just messing around trying to learn the song.

View: https://youtu.be/2_qEBOiVoFo

I don't play any instruments, but I always see those that do as a way to have fun and I really wish that I can learn them as soon as I can. This is one thing that many don't know and playing drums is what I always wish to do.

I don't play any instruments, but I always see those that do as a way to have fun and I really wish that I can learn them as soon as I can. This is one thing that many don't know and playing drums is what I always wish to do.

To me it's a great thing! As a kid, born in 1963, that game show "name that tune" was popular. My brother and I would play it with our cousins, all pretty good with musical ability. I sucked so bad I couldn't even whistle a tune so that others could make it out. After a while they wouldn't even let me play. :mad:

So getting older and "trying" to learn and put something together was a miracle for me! So if you recognize any of the songs I try to play, that is an amazing thing to me ha ha! :D

I used to play my guitar too if I can't sleep at night, but well, that was before. I broke my guitar when I accidentally dropped it to the ground. So happy to see someone playing their guitar here.

I used to play my guitar too if I can't sleep at night, but well, that was before. I broke my guitar when I accidentally dropped it to the ground. So happy to see someone playing their guitar here.

YUP! All in fun and relaxing in stressful times. Just plain fun and like most things, though not a pro, it's nice to have a collection! :D

0000guitars.jpg

I really want to learn to play the guitar ever since I was young but for some reason, I haven't followed through with it and I learned the piano instead. I guess I can still learn some time soon when I have the time.

YUP! All in fun and relaxing in stressful times. Just plain fun and like most things, though not a pro, it's nice to have a collection! :D

View attachment 2833
Nice collection. I only have two guitars, and both acoustic guitar. They are both retired right now because of their age. :) they are literally broken and can't produce broken chords, :) but they are still hanging up on my wall, like a trophy.

I really want to learn to play the guitar ever since I was young but for some reason, I haven't followed through with it and I learned the piano instead. I guess I can still learn some time soon when I have the time.

Yup, never too late! :D

Nice collection. I only have two guitars, and both acoustic guitar. They are both retired right now because of their age. :) they are literally broken and can't produce broken chords, :) but they are still hanging up on my wall, like a trophy.

If I had more room, I'd hang them on the wall too! Working or not! :p