Polar s510 resetting unexpectedly

austinite

May 5, 2004
Sometimes during a ride, I'll press the DOWN (lower right) button to see my lap time, and the watch will reset itself to 10AM and erase the ride information.

Have you experienced this before? Is it because I have it strapped to the bar-mount too tight? Is the battery dying?

My S710 did this just after I first got it (second hand.) Before I had a chance to send it in for service, it magically fixed itself up (?) and has never happened since.

You might want to try washing the watch under a tap or something, maybe a piece of dirt got into the button and is messing it up?

When it happened on mine, whenever I pressed the lower-left button, it would blank out the watch and reset to 12:00 AM.

Sorry I can't help with your issue, but I have a similar problem with my Polar 510. Maybe the 510 has quality problems?

A couple of weeks ago, the stopwatch feature on my Polar 510 began to stop in the middle of exercising. If I hit the red "Ok" button, it would restart. It happens both on the road and in my basement on the trainer. Sometimes it happens a lot and other times only 2-3 times per ride. The monitor is only 6 months old (only used for 3 months).

I know that is a bit different than the malfunction you are experiencing.

I don't see how my problem (or yours) oculd be related to any of the usual interfeences like too loose of a strap (mine is tight), issues with the electrodes (the monitor keeps measuring my heartbeat the whole time with no problem), electrical interference, or static electricity from my shirt brushing against it.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

Originally posted by austinite
Sometimes during a ride, I'll press the DOWN (lower right) button to see my lap time, and the watch will reset itself to 10AM and erase the ride information.

Have you experienced this before? Is it because I have it strapped to the bar-mount too tight? Is the battery dying?

dont press down, never had a prob with the 20 dollar computers i use

Originally posted by austinite

Get your battery replaced - even if your unit is relatively new to you, it could have been sitting on the distributor's/retailer's shelf for some time.

Agree on the battery, my Polar started resetting itself as well when the battery got low.

They do have a pretty decent service dept, by the way. Only bad thing is waiting for the turnaround.