PU-pid driver

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by nash, Nov 6, 2006.

  1. nash

    nash Guest

    Duh,
    I was waiting to turn left behind a car in the turning lane, after switching
    lanes when no traffic was in our lanes going North.
    An oncoming driver with a green light decides to stop maybe because she saw
    I wanted to turn left behind somebody but what the...? The confused driver
    infront of me stalled to let her change her mind but she would not. I came
    next and she would not go either. While taking my left turn she leans on
    the horn and shakes her finger at me with her 80 yr old father in the
    passenger seat both treating me like a little kid who is doing wrong and
    needs scolding. I stopped in amazement then chased them but alas I was too
    tired to get a licence plate.
    Just proves you never know what they are thinking and if one is like
    that they could all be.
    I thank my stars each night that I even survive any day I ride since
    there seems to be complete lack of judgement on any drivers part ever.

    Ciau

    Tags:

  2. "nash" <bbeffk4knjcuzfa@jetable.org> wrote in

    > I stopped in amazement then chased them but alas I was too
    > tired to get a licence plate.
    > Just proves you never know what they are thinking and if one is
    > like
    > that they could all be.

    Not sure what you would have been able to do with a license number.
    While she was guilty of "minor" road rage and unnecessary use of the
    horn, I doubt that if you reported her the police would do anything
    about it. Plus, given her apparent attitude about cyclists and the fact
    that she was in a 2000 lbs vehicle that had at least a 100 bhp engine, I
    would not have chased her down to give her a second chance to use her
    car as a weapon instead of just the horn.

    Many drivers don't know the rules of the road as they apply to bicycles.
    They think we are supposed to ride facing traffic, walk our bikes across
    streets in the crosswalk, and in general stay off THEIR roads.
    Unfortunately this is compounded by many cyclist that think they own the
    road and don't yield to faster traffic - even when riding 2 or 3
    abreast. This makes those crazy car drivers even more dangerous for guys
    like you and I that obey the law and try to be courteous to everyone we
    share the roads with.

    Cheers,
    David

  3. brink

    brink Guest

    "Solvang Cyclist" <news@NOshierSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > "nash" <bbeffk4knjcuzfa@jetable.org> wrote in
    >
    >> I stopped in amazement then chased them but alas I was too
    >> tired to get a licence plate.
    >> Just proves you never know what they are thinking and if one is
    >> like
    >> that they could all be.
    >>

    > Not sure what you would have been able to do with a license number.
    > While she was guilty of "minor" road rage and unnecessary use of the
    > horn, I doubt that if you reported her the police would do anything
    > about it. Plus, given her apparent attitude about cyclists and the fact
    > that she was in a 2000 lbs vehicle that had at least a 100 bhp engine, I
    > would not have chased her down to give her a second chance to use her
    > car as a weapon instead of just the horn.

    Some police depts -- not all -- take an interest in cases such as these. It
    all depends... I think wise authorities realize that drivers like these can
    turn into problems down the road and so they at least make a call to try to
    explain to them that what they did is wrong and not acceptable. And yes,
    believe me, cops can turn what the driver did into a "crime" of some sort...
    with a little imagination... ;-)

    brink

Share This Page