Race Day, You Vs Chris Froome.

Uawadall

Jun 14, 2015
We often talk about "you are the engine" and how to get faster "don't upgrade, do more grades",etc...I believe most of it to be true,but am thinking about to what extreme.

-Its race day,the course is 50 miles. The terrain is somewhat hilly, but nothing very extreme(no more than 8% grade and never more than a third of a mile stretch). You have a budget of $2000 and can use any type of road bike in that budget. You can set it up and use any race equipment you would like.

-Your opponent is Chris Froome and he has a significant disadvantage going into the race. His budget is $350 and he must use his choice of a single speed bike. He can add his own pedals, bottle cages, but thats it(No power meter,etc...).

So who wins you or Chris Froome?And how much does he win by,lol...

If he had two wheels a broomstick and duct tape he would still destroy me - and fwiw I don't think $ spent is a major factor / athletic ability is what makes CF who he is ...

MotownBikeBoy said:
If he had two wheels a broomstick and duct tape he would still destroy me - and fwiw I don't think $ spent is a major factor / athletic ability is what makes CF who he is ...
To me, the test isn't necessary his budget, but the fact that it must be single speed with no option of changing gear. He'd destroy me with a $100 huffy,lol..The reason why I picked Chris is, I watched a documentary on him and he's use to roughing it. He lived in Kenya and South Africa and rode his bike on dirt roads as a kid.BTW, any other pro would win the same.

I might win----if Froome had his head buried in his stem as he usually has, and wound up crashing. Otherwise, he could ride a kids' trike and still kick my ass.

Froome could be on a $99 Schwinn Varsity from 1972 with both tires at 40 PSI and the Huret Alvit rear derailleur rusted onto the 26T gear and he would still kick my ass.