Raleigh Alysa 1 Vs Trek Neko WSD

DaniP

Dec 29, 2014
Hi!

I'm a newb and completely overwhelmed as to what bike to buy. I pretty much want to use the bike to complement my daily gym exercise, and use it as often as possible and avoid using the car (mostly asphalt, some rocky roads). I've been looking at the Raleigh Alysa 1 and the Trek Neko WSD. Which one would be a better buy?

Thank you for you help!

Dani

The Alysa is what's generally called a fitness bike, meaning a simple flat-bar hybrid with 700c wheels, intended for spirited riding on roads, mostly pavement. The Neko is what's called a dual-sport bike, which adds dirt road and light trail capability to the fitness bike, using a shock fork and fatter tires.

The question isn't which is the better buy, it's which bike is better suited for my needs? And only you can answer that question. I'll give you some help, though. If you intend to ride mainly on pavement, get the Alysa. It will be lighter and will handle better on decent roads. If a considerable amount of dirt roads is part of your plans, get the Neko. The shock fork and fatter tires will be useful.