Re: Frogmore Stew (WAS: Re: Lobster Question)

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by MoM, Aug 29, 2005.

  1. MoM

    MoM Guest

    >> > Cayanne.
    >> >
    >> > Lots of people ruin perfectly good crawfish by cooking it in heavy
    >> > spices. I hate it that way. I like it just plain with a little lemon
    >> > butter.
    >> >
    >> > Live crawfish is commonly available here, as is fresh frozen, plain,
    >> > unspiced cooked tail meat in 1 lb. packages.
    >> > --

    >> Where's here?

    > The South. :)
    >

    >> I didn't mean Cayenne. It's a musty flavour stuff often used in boils.
    >>
    >> MoM

    > Probably Old Bay seasoning.
    > I think it's the one most commonly used for seafoods.
    >
    > I don't use any of that stuff!
    > Maybe just a light sprinkling of salt free lemon pepper and a dash of
    > garlic powder. I prefer my seafood or crawfish very, very lightly spiced
    > if at all. It has a delicate sweet flavor that is easily overwhelmed!

    That's the stuff! I hate it. And the only crawfish we found last time down
    there was just covered in the stuff. Awful!

    I like you prefer a light touch.

    MoM

    Tags:

  2. In article <1125318395.bb15413acaf155449a83a7e313331d4d@teranews>,
    "MoM" <mpeagramNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote:

    > >> Where's here?

    > > The South. :)
    > >

    > >> I didn't mean Cayenne. It's a musty flavour stuff often used in boils.
    > >>
    > >> MoM

    > > Probably Old Bay seasoning.
    > > I think it's the one most commonly used for seafoods.
    > >
    > > I don't use any of that stuff!
    > > Maybe just a light sprinkling of salt free lemon pepper and a dash of
    > > garlic powder. I prefer my seafood or crawfish very, very lightly spiced
    > > if at all. It has a delicate sweet flavor that is easily overwhelmed!

    > That's the stuff! I hate it. And the only crawfish we found last time down
    > there was just covered in the stuff. Awful!
    >
    > I like you prefer a light touch.
    >
    > MoM

    :)
    --