Re: Helmets and riding in traffic

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by MattB, Sep 13, 2006.

  1. MattB

    MattB Guest

    Scott Gordo wrote:
    > Yeah, I know, if it ain't offroad it's crap, yada yada....

    Yeah, but I ride a few miles on the road to get to the trails, so it may
    apply.

    >>From today's Cyclingnews.com:

    <snip>

    > Dr. Walker was also hit
    > twice during the course of the experiment.

    Just this is pretty scary. If I were him I might have called it off
    after the first one!

    Matt

    Tags:

  2. Bill Sornson

    Bill Sornson Guest

    MattB wrote:
    > Scott Gordo wrote:
    >> Yeah, I know, if it ain't offroad it's crap, yada yada....

    > Yeah, but I ride a few miles on the road to get to the trails, so it
    > may apply.
    >
    >>> From today's Cyclingnews.com:

    > <snip>
    >
    >> Dr. Walker was also hit
    >> twice during the course of the experiment.

    > Just this is pretty scary. If I were him I might have called it off
    > after the first one!

    Pretty much tells you where the author's coming from. (Don't tell my
    English professors about that sentence, please.)

    There's an entire thread devoted to this in one of the "rec" groups (misc or
    tech). Consensus was that it's a load, I think. (I didn't read too many of
    the posts. Helm*t threads are legion in there...)

  3. cc

    cc Guest

    Bill Sornson wrote:
    > MattB wrote:
    >
    >>Scott Gordo wrote:
    >>
    >>>Yeah, I know, if it ain't offroad it's crap, yada yada....

    >>Yeah, but I ride a few miles on the road to get to the trails, so it
    >>may apply.

    >><snip>
    >>
    >>>Dr. Walker was also hit
    >>>twice during the course of the experiment.

    >>Just this is pretty scary. If I were him I might have called it off
    >>after the first one!

    > Pretty much tells you where the author's coming from. (Don't tell my
    > English professors about that sentence, please.)
    >
    > There's an entire thread devoted to this in one of the "rec" groups (misc or
    > tech). Consensus was that it's a load, I think.

    I didn't read any of the
    thread, but all you have to do
    is look at the data to see
    it's total shit.

  4. Raptor

    Raptor Guest

    MattB wrote:
    > Scott Gordo wrote:
    >> Dr. Walker was also hit
    >> twice during the course of the experiment.

    > Just this is pretty scary. If I were him I might have called it off
    > after the first one!

    Maybe he's not that good a rider.

    I have nothing but contempt and anger for those who betray the
    trust by exposing the name of our sources. They are, in my view,
    the most insidious of traitors."
    George H.W. Bush, April 16, 1999,

Share This Page