Re: Taste of Flax Oil changed... radically...!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Tim Campbell, Mar 8, 2005.

  1. Tim Campbell

    Tim Campbell Guest

    The first couple bottles were probably rancid. The Flax Oil I get
    seems to always taste the way you described the third one as tasting.
    Would you burp after consuming oil from the first two bottles?

    Tags:

  2. montygram

    montygram Guest

    The "evidence" for the supposed essentiality of these kinds of
    dangerous fatty acids goes back to a flawed experiment done on rats in
    1930 (Burr & Burr). There has been no follow-up, but the evidence
    against these fatty acids, and the oxidative stress they place on the
    body, is overwhelming. Go to www.pubmed.com and look up lipid
    peroxdiation, for example. Do not eat this stuff in any form if you
    value your health (trace amounts, as you would find perhaps in butter,
    is okay). Stick with the stable fats, such as palm kernel or coconut.
    The peoples who use these oils as staples are the healthiest peoples in
    the world, even though their "health care systems" are generally
    "sub-standard."

  3. MattLB

    MattLB Guest

    montygram wrote:

    > The "evidence" for the supposed essentiality of these kinds of
    > dangerous fatty acids goes back to a flawed experiment done on rats in
    > 1930 (Burr & Burr).

    And yet the OP reports it being better than statins. Your explanation?

    > There has been no follow-up, but the evidence
    > against these fatty acids, and the oxidative stress they place on the
    > body, is overwhelming. Go to www.pubmed.com and look up lipid
    > peroxdiation, for example.

    Even if spelt correctly, peroxidation applies just as much to
    non-essential fatty acids as it does to essential, and that includes
    Mead acid. It's about double bonds not whether your body can synthesize
    them.

    MattLB

  4. Kenneth

    Kenneth Guest

    On 8 Mar 2005 19:10:40 -0800, "Tim Campbell"
    <timcall@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    > The first couple bottles were probably rancid. The Flax Oil I get
    >seems to always taste the way you described the third one as tasting.
    >Would you burp after consuming oil from the first two bottles?

    Hello again,

    Though I appreciate your comments, I doubt that they were
    rancid. Each bottle has a date of pressing and I do remember
    being surprised at how fresh they were...

    We shall see...

    Thanks,

    --
    Kenneth