Recipes Created by Kids

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Plainsight, Jan 12, 2004.

  1. Plainsight

    Plainsight Guest

    Attention parents of young, creative eaters! I'm compiling recipes and dishes invented by kids for
    an article I'm writing. Please e-mail amy at neighborhoodknits.com, or respond here. I will
    attribute all the recipes and ideas we use, so please give us the child's first name, age and if you
    wish, city. I'll take submissions through November 29th!

    Thanks very much!

    Amy

    Tags:

  2. Mrfalafel

    Mrfalafel Guest

    aoh@ipsmedia.com (Plainsight) wrote in message news:<59afce51.0311251913.79e1bf7c@posting.google.com>...
    > Attention parents of young, creative eaters! I'm compiling recipes and dishes invented by kids for
    > an article I'm writing. Please e-mail amy at neighborhoodknits.com, or respond here. I will
    > attribute all the recipes and ideas we use, so please give us the child's first name, age and if
    > you wish, city. I'll take submissions through November 29th!
    >
    > Thanks very much!
    >
    > Amy

    When I was 11 I invented a 'pickle and potato chip sandwich' which was simply dill pickle slices
    laid on a piece of bread with crushed potato chips sprinkled on with a bit of mustard.

    yes, it's disgusting but I loved it at the time.

  3. Rubystars

    Rubystars Guest

    "MrFalafel" <mrfalafel@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > aoh@ipsmedia.com (Plainsight) wrote in message
    > > Attention parents of young, creative eaters! I'm compiling recipes and dishes invented by kids
    > > for an article I'm writing. Please e-mail amy at neighborhoodknits.com, or respond here. I will
    > > attribute all the recipes and ideas we use, so please give us the child's first name, age and if
    > > you wish, city. I'll take submissions through November 29th!
    > >
    > > Thanks very much!
    > >
    > > Amy
    >
    > When I was 11 I invented a 'pickle and potato chip sandwich' which was simply dill pickle slices
    > laid on a piece of bread with crushed potato chips sprinkled on with a bit of mustard.
    >
    > yes, it's disgusting but I loved it at the time.

    When I was a kid I used to eat sugar sandwiches. That is, take two slices of bread and sprinkle
    white sugar between them.

    I can't imagine eating something like that now, it grosses me out.

    *L*

    I also made another gross recipe where I put peanut butter on bred or a tortilla and put a slice of
    cheese on top of that and melted it together in the microwave. Pretty yucky. :(

    -Rubystars

  4. Sarah Carter

    Sarah Carter Guest

    MrFalafel <mrfalafel@yahoo.com> wrote in message =
    > aoh@ipsmedia.com (Plainsight) wrote in message =

    > When I was 11 I invented a 'pickle and potato chip sandwich' which was simply dill pickle slices
    > laid on a piece of bread with crushed potato chips sprinkled on with a bit of mustard.
    >=20
    > yes, it's disgusting but I loved it at the time.

    Sounds fun. When I was little I used to love jacket potatoes with cheese = on them. I used to
    them sprinkle salt and vinegar crisps on top of them = which I had crunched up before I opened
    the packet.

    Not vegan, but it might work with vegan cheese, or just without. I used = to love them :eek:)

    Sarah --=20

  5. "MrFalafel" <mrfalafel@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > aoh@ipsmedia.com (Plainsight) wrote in message
    > > Attention parents of young, creative eaters! I'm compiling recipes and dishes invented by kids
    > > for an article I'm writing. Please e-mail amy at neighborhoodknits.com, or respond here. I will
    > > attribute all the recipes and ideas we use, so please give us the child's first name, age and if
    > > you wish, city. I'll take submissions through November 29th!
    > >
    > > Thanks very much!
    > >
    > > Amy
    >
    > When I was 11 I invented a 'pickle and potato chip sandwich' which was simply dill pickle slices
    > laid on a piece of bread with crushed potato chips sprinkled on with a bit of mustard.
    >
    > yes, it's disgusting but I loved it at the time.
    Hey thats still one of my staples, ha ha-when I was in College in LA I ate only peanut butter
    sandwiches for 3 years. loaf of bread and jar of peanut butter-and you were covered for a
    week. Michael

  6. Rubystars

    Rubystars Guest

    "Michael Balarama" <mbalar@ev1.net> wrote in message <snip>.
    > Hey thats still one of my staples, ha ha-when I was in College in LA I ate only peanut butter
    > sandwiches for 3 years. loaf of bread and jar of peanut butter-and you were covered for a
    > week. Michael

    Do you hate peanut butter sandwiches now?

    -Rubystars

  7. "Rubystars" <windstorm@swbell.net> wrote in message

    > "Michael Balarama" <mbalar@ev1.net> wrote in message <snip>.
    > > Hey thats still one of my staples, ha ha-when I was in College in LA I
    ate
    > > only peanut butter sandwiches for 3 years. loaf of bread and jar of peanut butter-and you were
    > > covered for a week. Michael
    >
    > Do you hate peanut butter sandwiches now?
    no-but I never eat it..make lunch for my daughter with it... almost everyday... I hate spaghetti-I
    was in Italy for a (at people houses)month and they ate it at every meal for breakfast with fruit,
    lunch with vegetable and dinner with different vegetables-- I was noodled out..

Share This Page