Researching for new road bike!!!

cmdukes

Aug 7, 2006
I am in the process of doing some research for a new road bike. I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience or knowledge on Felt bikes. If anyone has, I would appreciate some feedback....

cmdukes said:
I am in the process of doing some research for a new road bike. I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience or knowledge on Felt bikes. If anyone has, I would appreciate some feedback....
From what I can gather, Felt made their name in the triathlon market. If you watch the ITU triathlon series, lots of riders use Felt bikes. So as far as reputation and brand trust...there are lots of elite athletes riding these bikes.

Their road range appears to offer excellent value for money, in fact, sometimes they seems too good to be true. By all reports they ride nicely, and are usually well spec'd.

As always when researching for a new bike, do your research based on you needs and budget...but most importantly, get out there and ride the bikes you're deciding between. The Felt may give you more "bang for buck" than another option, but if you don't like how it feels...then you'll never ride it.

http://www.roadbikereview.com/SearchResultscrx.aspx?forumchoice=&s=&query=&Index=&showposts=0&searchterm=felt&section=ByBrand

http://www.deanwoods.com.au/store/category136_2.htm

The Felt F80
felt_road_06_f80.jpg

or F75
felt_road_06_f75.jpg

will be the next bike I get...

Certainly the reviews of Felt bikes are very good...

The Felt are, price wise, always offering better components for the same money as other companies...

I have bought several Felt bikes for myself and close friends.
SR81
Trevisa Trekking Bike
SR101
F100-650c

And I know many Tri riders who won't use anything else.

cmdukes said:
The one man high end racer type bike shop, in the Palm Springs, Ca. valley, where I do most my riding, sells a lot of Felts to the local racer types. While I know him very well, I have never been in his shop but his web site is velobum.com. Never heard a complaint about Felt, and all of his customers are in the same club I ride with. I also ride a lot in the Newport Beach, Ca. coastal area, where Felt is located, but I can't remember seeing a Felt in the 450 member club I ride with. Riders seem to buy, what their favorite local shop sells.

Thank you all for the imput....as I thought, Felt is a good bang for the buck and also a great bike to take my riding to the next level
~Craig

lks said:
The one man high end racer type bike shop, in the Palm Springs, Ca. valley, where I do most my riding, sells a lot of Felts to the local racer types. While I know him very well, I have never been in his shop but his web site is velobum.com. Never heard a complaint about Felt, and all of his customers are in the same club I ride with. I also ride a lot in the Newport Beach, Ca. coastal area, where Felt is located, but I can't remember seeing a Felt in the 450 member club I ride with. Riders seem to buy, what their favorite local shop sells.
Do you know where Felt bikes are made?

bwheel

I've had my 2005 F65 for a year now. I've ridden probably 100 miles per week since I got it and although I am pleased with it I have had some problems.

- Bottom Bracket failed miserably within 6 months, sorted on warranty.
- Rear hub bearings again failed, sorted on warranty.
(The new rear wheel they sent me turned quite tightly, hmm)
- stem/handlebar bolts corroding.

I found it difficult when buying this bike to differentiate all within this price bracket seeing as they all shared similar wheelset/groupsets etc. I supposed it must be the frame and the Felt was 'spec-for-spec' about £200 less than similar Treks, Giants and Specializeds.