running shoe feed back is appreciated

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by dwjones45, Sep 4, 2007.

  1. dwjones45

    dwjones45 Guest

    i was reading this morning the fall running shoe review in the latest copy
    of new england runner. i noticed a review of shoe put out by the newton
    running shoe company. to be honest i have not heard of this company in my 40
    years. so i decided to check out their web
    site (http://www.newtonrunning.com/) to see what they are all about.
    now i must admit that i was impressed by what i read. the only 2 drawbacks
    at first glance is the price which is quite high and the colors of the shoes
    which are god awful. i wonder if anyone in this group is familar with and
    has worn this brand of running shoe? if so what is your opinion about them?
    do theywear well, are they comfortable and are they worth the price?
    thanks in advance for your feedback. dave

    Tags:

  2. Al Bundy

    Al Bundy Guest

    On Sep 4, 4:35 pm, "dwjones45" <dwjone...@comcast.net> wrote:
    > i was reading this morning the fall running shoe review in the latest copy
    > of new england runner. i noticed a review of shoe put out by the newton
    > running shoe company. to be honest i have not heard of this company in my 40
    > years. so i decided to check out their web
    > site (http://www.newtonrunning.com/) to see what they are all about.
    > now i must admit that i was impressed by what i read. the only 2 drawbacks
    > at first glance is the price which is quite high and the colors of the shoes
    > which are god awful. i wonder if anyone in this group is familar with and
    > has worn this brand of running shoe? if so what is your opinion about them?
    > do theywear well, are they comfortable and are they worth the price?
    > thanks in advance for your feedback. dave

    I never heard of Newton, but that means little in itself.
    The shoe in your link looks no better than a cheap Saucony, not that
    there's anything wrong with it. I would never purchase a shoe that I
    could not inspect and run briefly in before sale. An off brand shoe
    would need to be sold at a discount before I would chance it. Any new
    shoe you do buy is a crap shoot until you know how it runs for you.
    And when you find something that works, stay with it.

Share This Page