Sampson and Champion juicer

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by jul, Feb 22, 2005.

  1. jul

    jul Guest

    Hi,

    I am looking to buy a Juicer. I am choosing between two models: Champion and
    Samson Ultra.
    I do understand twin gear juicer is better but the price is also double.
    Does the quality double too?

    My another concern is cleaning. Most opinions said Champion is easiest to
    clean, Samson is fairly easy. What does it mean fairly? 10 minutes or 30?

    Does somebody have experience with other attachment screens and their
    cleaning afterwards? I am extremely interested in meat mincer. Does it
    minced well?

    Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Julia

    Tags:

  2. Juhana Harju

    Juhana Harju Guest

    jul wrote:
    :: Hi,
    ::
    :: I am looking to buy a Juicer. I am choosing between two models:
    :: Champion and Samson Ultra.
    :: I do understand twin gear juicer is better but the price is also
    :: double. Does the quality double too?
    ::
    :: My another concern is cleaning. Most opinions said Champion is
    :: easiest to clean, Samson is fairly easy. What does it mean fairly?
    :: 10 minutes or 30?
    ::
    :: Does somebody have experience with other attachment screens and their
    :: cleaning afterwards? I am extremely interested in meat mincer. Does
    :: it minced well?
    ::
    :: Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
    :: Thank you,
    :: Julia

    The twin gear system is better in preserving the enzymes live.

    Perhaps you should check the Living and Raw Food Discussion to find
    advice for the equipment.

    http://www.rawfoodsupport.com/list.php?f=12

    --
    Juhana

  3. Phil Scott

    Phil Scott Guest

    "jul" <raybird@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking to buy a Juicer. I am choosing between two

    models: Champion and
    > Samson Ultra.
    > I do understand twin gear juicer is better but the price is

    also double.
    > Does the quality double too?
    >
    > My another concern is cleaning. Most opinions said Champion

    is easiest to
    > clean, Samson is fairly easy. What does it mean fairly? 10

    minutes or 30?

    > Does somebody have experience with other attachment screens

    and their
    > cleaning afterwards? I am extremely interested in meat

    mincer. Does it
    > minced well?

    Juicy Lucy's ( in north beach San Francisco) the only
    complete raw juice store in the city, a one or two person show
    most of the time, a very wonderful place, uses only champion
    juicers..dozens of them over the years. as being the most
    durable, and easiest to clean and that will juice raw greens).
    Champion is based in Lodi Calif...and for raw greens you need
    thier fine screen..not the standard screen it comes with.

    I talked to her at length before I bought mine...I got a
    champion.. she doesnt sell them though. She has tried others
    over the years without getting the same durability.

    Cleaning takes 2 to 3 minutes as a guess. Maybe a minute if
    you rush and have a big sink with a sprayer. The head just
    twists off, the pieces slide apart in seconds, and then you
    spray with water and a bottle brush on the screen if you want.

    Phil Scott

    > Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
    > Thank you,
    > Julia

    Oh yes....Julia... go see your name sake movie...its a
    winner.

  4. Phil Scott

    Phil Scott Guest

    "Juhana Harju" <shantigiri@despammed.com> wrote in message
    > jul wrote:
    > :: Hi,
    > ::
    > :: I am looking to buy a Juicer. I am choosing between two

    models:
    > :: Champion and Samson Ultra.
    > :: I do understand twin gear juicer is better but the price

    is also
    > :: double. Does the quality double too?
    > ::
    > :: My another concern is cleaning. Most opinions said

    Champion is
    > :: easiest to clean, Samson is fairly easy. What does it

    mean fairly?
    > :: 10 minutes or 30?
    > ::
    > :: Does somebody have experience with other attachment

    screens and their
    > :: cleaning afterwards? I am extremely interested in meat

    mincer. Does
    > :: it minced well?
    > ::
    > :: Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
    > :: Thank you,
    > :: Julia
    >
    > The twin gear system is better in preserving the enzymes

    live.

    Thats a valid issue also. The champion if fed with warm
    vegitables can produce a faintly warm juice and that is not
    good for the enzymes... if your vegitables are not cold at the
    start you can add a little ice as you juice to keep the juice
    cool or at least not warm.

    Phil Scott

    > Perhaps you should check the Living and Raw Food Discussion

    to find
    > advice for the equipment.
    >
    > http://www.rawfoodsupport.com/list.php?f=12
    >
    > --
    > Juhana

  5. Tim Tyler

    Tim Tyler Guest

    jul <raybird@sympatico.ca> wrote or quoted:

    > I am looking to buy a Juicer. I am choosing between two models: Champion and
    > Samson Ultra.
    > I do understand twin gear juicer is better but the price is also double.
    > Does the quality double too?

    I don't know. The main reason I got a Samson machine rather than a
    Champion was that the Champion doesn't juice wheatgrass - which is
    one of the best juices, and is probably the main reason I own a juicer.
    --
    |im |yler http://timtyler.org/ tim@tt1lock.org Remove lock to reply.

Share This Page