Saturday night and theres a knock on the door.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by crazy6r54@webtv.net, Oct 25, 2004.

  1. I'm just about ready to call it a night when theres
    a knock on my door. Opening the door I find the mechanic from one of the
    LBS holding a bike minus the front wheel. John says his boss said
    you can have this bike with one condiction don't ever bring it in to be
    fixed. I said tell Mickey thanks and take the bike in to the
    bike room and look it over. Well its a GT LTS in pretty sorry
    shape,dirty and mech. In the morning I started cleaning it up.
    Its a mess of dirt and grease thu the drivetrain. Clean and
    checked out, the rear derailleur pulley wheels are pin teeth so I
    replaced them. I get a wheel out of the closet and inshall it now I
    go about replacing the cassette's smallest cog,its pin teeth too. Now
    the rear wheel won't lock due to the QR frozen in the axel. Pull out
    another wheel till a get the new QR and axel. I clean and repack
    ever bearing,adjust and lube everything. Now lets see how this Rock Shox
    Indy fared. Good all it neededs is grease and lube in and out.
    Everything works fine and it took time most off my Sunday. Now its test
    time in the real thing dirt.

    I MTB 2004

    Tags:

  2. MD

    MD Guest

    Nothing like getting something for free. I wouldn't mind that at all , I
    actually like wrenching.

    <crazy6r54@webtv.net> wrote in message
    > I'm just about ready to call it a night when theres
    > a knock on my door. Opening the door I find the mechanic from one of the
    > LBS holding a bike minus the front wheel. John says his boss said
    > you can have this bike with one condiction don't ever bring it in to be
    > fixed. I said tell Mickey thanks and take the bike in to the
    > bike room and look it over. Well its a GT LTS in pretty sorry
    > shape,dirty and mech. In the morning I started cleaning it up.
    > Its a mess of dirt and grease thu the drivetrain. Clean and
    > checked out, the rear derailleur pulley wheels are pin teeth so I
    > replaced them. I get a wheel out of the closet and inshall it now I
    > go about replacing the cassette's smallest cog,its pin teeth too. Now
    > the rear wheel won't lock due to the QR frozen in the axel. Pull out
    > another wheel till a get the new QR and axel. I clean and repack
    > ever bearing,adjust and lube everything. Now lets see how this Rock Shox
    > Indy fared. Good all it neededs is grease and lube in and out.
    > Everything works fine and it took time most off my Sunday. Now its test
    > time in the real thing dirt.
    >
    > I MTB 2004

Share This Page