Scruffy is the new green

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon Proven, Mar 13, 2006.

  1. > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4791478.stm

    Oh the smell!

    "When I go to meetings and conferences now, all else being equal, I will
    cycle, as I usually do on other urban journeys.

    I will find a seat among the smart serried ranks and let the sweat
    evaporate. I might bring a clean T-shirt along; then again I might not.

    The secret is simply not to care."

  2. Ian Blake

    Ian Blake Guest

    On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 14:35:03 GMT, Mark Thompson
    <pleasegivegenerously@warmmail*_turn_up_the_heat_to_reply*.com> wrote:

    >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4791478.stm

    >Oh the smell!
    >
    >"When I go to meetings and conferences now, all else being equal, I will
    >cycle, as I usually do on other urban journeys.
    >
    >I will find a seat among the smart serried ranks and let the sweat
    >evaporate. I might bring a clean T-shirt along; then again I might not.
    >
    >The secret is simply not to care."

    A few years ago I went to a company meeting where I was asked not to
    wear my fluorescent yellow cycling shirt again. The bright sunlight
    was bouncing off it, dazzling the chairman.

Share This Page