Sensitive lady parts

Discussion in 'Women's Cycling' started by TracyDL, Jan 5, 2017.

1. TracyDL

TracyDL New Member

This is kind of embarrassing but ever since I went on a biking vacation I've had swelling in the soft tissue area that contacts the front of my saddle. Wondering if anyone has had this experience, advice for treatment, and saddle recommendations. I've heard this called "clitoritis", but not a lot of info online. Thanks!

Tags:

2. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Terry saddles seem to work well for the ladies.

3. CyclingJunkies

It would be difficult to advise without seeing your bike, saddle, set-up and riding position, but ideally you want most of your weight on your "sit bones" when in the saddle - rather than on any soft tissue areas. Check the height and horizontal level of your saddle to make sure the nose isn't pointing too far upwards (which would add extra pressure when leaning forwards, on the drops for example) and have a read of this - whilst it focuses on sit bones, back, etc. the general advice might be helpful: http://www.cobbcycling.com/sit-bone-pain-2/

4. EmmaB07

EmmaB07 New Member

As other reviewers have mentioned, it is difficult to know what saddle to recommend without knowing what kind of bike/saddle you're currently on, and what riding position you favor. I know Trek Bicycle does a great job fitting people to saddles and bikes- all you have to do is swing in!

#4 EmmaB07, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2017
  5. kentran

kentran New Member

Let me know more information. Thank you!

6. Morgan Fracisc

Morgan Fracisc New Member

That must be really uncomfortable for ladies having problems like that. But there are newly designed bicycle saddles fit for ladies. I suggest you look for an ergonomic "step saddle", and as for treatment or prevention It is always best to go talk and ask for a doctor about it. I hope this helps! thank you.

7. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Well-Known Member

Might also try some chamois butter. It helps avoid the friction between the chamois and lady parts. My wife does weekly 40-60 mile rides and has had some tenderness. Not sure exactly what parts but she started using chamois butter after I tried for some time talking her into using it. She was hesitant just because that's the way she is but once she tried it, she won't ride without it. :)

FTR, she has used a Terry Butterfly saddle, Terry Liberator, and a Specialized Lady's Dolce saddle and though all are comfy, she enjoys the Specialized the most.

Not bad considering it was $50 vs the $110 for the Terry Butterfly.:p