Setmana-Catalana isn't Redlands

DA74 wrote:

<snip>

> You also need to know that these guys don't have "training programs"
> like Charmichael's clones give you for $250 a month. They use these
> races as training. They don't sit around staring at their SRMs

either.
> If they have them they were preinstalled on the bike and they have

no
> clue what all those crazy numbers mean. In bike racing you're either
> twiddling along, going hard, or going really hard. Simple as that.

As
> much as these coaches want to convince you otherwise this ain't

rocket
> science. The pros know it. *****-chinned fatties will never
> understand.
> -DA74, waiting for my $250 from you

DA74 is Mike Jones?

http://groups-beta.google.com/group...1b900f07cc6/7e350466ba43bb59#7e350466ba43bb59

vs.

http://soprojones.com/archives/Daily/01-08-05.html

DA74 wrote:

> In the US, 50% of the jagoffs at the start line think they can win.
> The top three teams know this and have to ride differently. In

Europe
> most everyone know their place so they don't have to deal with this
> ****. They let the early break go, reel it in later and the real
> racing begins.

in every US pro race a selection is made relatively early, and usually
all the big teams are represented. the pros in the break duke it out
for the win and the pros in the pack sit up.

it's the consequence of having three or four teams that matter vs. ten
or fifteen teams that matter.

DA74 wrote:
> Tim Mullin wrote:
> > "DA74" <[email protected]> wrote in

> > So, once again, if, on the grand scale of things US racing
> > ain't ****,

> Timbo,
> US racing is something - Since your intellect cannot deal with mutual
> exclusivity I will step outside its bounds to assist you. Our top US
> races rate above many of the Euro "training races" I was referring

to.
> It's very difficult to compare so take that with a grain of salt. I
> didn't say all Euro races rate above US races, they are just very
> difficult to compare.
>
> In the US, 50% of the jagoffs at the start line think they can win.
> The top three teams know this and have to ride differently. In

Europe
> most everyone know their place so they don't have to deal with this
> ****. They let the early break go, reel it in later and the real
> racing begins.
>

> > why do you expect us to be all impressed with your "Pro"ness?

> You shouldn't be impressed with any "pro". It's a ridiculous
> designation here. In the US most are just glorified cat ones. Go back
> and read the posts - Papai-hole is trying to track me down so I gave
> him a couple hints to help him along.
>
> Now go back to gulping down that malt liquor and smacking your
> girlfriend.

DA74 .... I think I'm starting to realy like you!

DA74 wrote:
> Bret Wade wrote:
> > DA74 wrote:
> >
> > > 95% of Euro races don't matter.

> > This is not believable. Only a very well established rider could

> afford
> > to focus on just the top 5% of the races. Someone who's never won

at
> the
> > pro level will want that win badly where ever they can get it.

> Someone
> > not assured of making their team's TDF or Giro roster will be

> motivated
> > to show that they're worthy.

> Bret,
> You're green, possibly fat but more likely a budding, *****-faced

race
> fan...and you haven't earned my ire yet so here's a free pass -

listen
> up.
>
> First of all you need to remember that cycling is a team sport. It's
> not like everyone on a team is a GC man. Most are workers. When I

say
> that, I'm serious, they're like Detroit autoworkers clocking in at

the
> plant in Flint or wherever. The Lances and the Jans are the CEOs and
> board of directors. They don't even hang out. Hell, some of the
> grunts don't even talk to the big dogs (or actually it's the other

way
> around).
>
> You see how I said 95% of the Euro races are training races? Well 90%
> of the peloton also know they don't have the talent to win - so most

of
> the time they don't even try - which is not to say they won't get
> lucky. They'll try really hard to chase down breaks and get a bunch

of
> water bottles to make themselves valuable to management and the

riders
> that matter. They do their jobs - and their jobs have nothing to do
> with crossing the line first or tenth for that matter.
>
> For some riders crossing the finish line means they didn't work hard
> enough early in the race to chase down breaks. That's how slots are
> filled for the show. And, if you paid attention, I did say that the
> teams would like to win and will or course try, but it's not that big
> of a deal for a lot of these insignificant races.

I'm guessing you have not ever paid any attention what so ever to any
mention of his racing experience. It's funny to see your assumption
that he's green (I assume you mean 'novice') and probably fat!

I don't know anything about your 'resume' but after having read many of
your postings, I'd say that Bret has probably forgotten more about
racing than you know, or will ever know.

Scott wrote:

> I'm guessing you have not ever paid any attention what so ever to any
> mention of his racing experience. It's funny to see your assumption
> that he's green (I assume you mean 'novice') and probably fat!

Dumbass -

Bret is probably fat. He fits the Masters Fattie profile.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Yea, minus the 'fat' part.

Me, on the other hand, I am fat. But... I don't spend all my time
lusting over the latest over-priced, over-hyped go-fast gadget trying
to buy speed, so I guess I don't really meet the profile, either.

Come to think of it, Bret doesn't fit that part of the profile, either.
Unless you count a two year old $450 aluminum frame w/ Cane Creek
wheels as the ultimate in Masters Fattie's buying extravagance.

In article <[email protected]>,
Scott <[email protected]> wrote:
>Yea, minus the 'fat' part.
>
>Me, on the other hand, I am fat. But... I don't spend all my time
>lusting over the latest over-priced, over-hyped go-fast gadget trying
>to buy speed, so I guess I don't really meet the profile, either.

Um... Scott? You set yourself up here ;-)

>Come to think of it, Bret doesn't fit that part of the profile, either.
> Unless you count a two year old $450 aluminum frame w/ Cane Creek
>wheels as the ultimate in Masters Fattie's buying extravagance.

I don't think Bret is fat... you and me.... we are masters fatties.

My bike weighs to much to have all that other ****.

I just wish we rode closer to the same size frames so I could get in
on your "recycling" program.

Scott

--
-*- Scott Patton
-*- Colorado Springs, CO

I saw your wedding photos online, you're getting precariously close to
losing your fattie status. (unless, of course, being married has been
too good for you and you've put it back on).

In article <[email protected]>,
Scott <[email protected]> wrote:
>I saw your wedding photos online, you're getting precariously close to
>losing your fattie status. (unless, of course, being married has been
>too good for you and you've put it back on).

I don't see THAT happening, but it has been good. I am even riding/training.

Scott

--
-*- Scott Patton
-*- Colorado Springs, CO

Scott wrote:

> Yea, minus the 'fat' part.
>
> Me, on the other hand, I am fat. But... I don't spend all my time
> lusting over the latest over-priced, over-hyped go-fast gadget trying
> to buy speed, so I guess I don't really meet the profile, either.
>
> Come to think of it, Bret doesn't fit that part of the profile, either.
> Unless you count a two year old $450 aluminum frame w/ Cane Creek
> wheels as the ultimate in Masters Fattie's buying extravagance.

You're not jealous of my ride Scott? Russ Denny builds a very sensible
frame. Cane Creek makes very sturdy wheels. Hmmm. I think I see the problem.

Bret

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> Scott wrote:
>

>>I'm guessing you have not ever paid any attention what so ever to any
>>mention of his racing experience. It's funny to see your assumption
>>that he's green (I assume you mean 'novice') and probably fat!

> Dumbass -
>
> Bret is probably fat. He fits the Masters Fattie profile.
>
> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

I like to describe bike racing to people as a sport where everyone
gossips about each others weight like a bunch of fashion models. I'm
just as guilty as anyone.

Bret