shaky hub question

Discussion in '' started by Radical Reed, Aug 13, 2006.

  1. Radical Reed

    Radical Reed Guest

    alright, heres the situation. today I noticed a very slight movment in
    my uni when I hoped around, at first I thought it was the pedels, so I
    tightend the bearings. but then i lifted the uni and I found I could
    feel a shaking in the hub (I think) when I jiggled the wheel. does any
    one know what this is/ how to fix it?

    i don't know if this will help, but I ride Profile cranks/hub

    EDIT:wOOt post 500, half way to 1000!

    Radical Reed

    sorry cheese lovers your outa my sig
    'sixsixone' (
    ' .' (
    'LBS' (
    Radical Reed's Profile:
    View this thread:

  2. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

    This happened to my girlfriends uni, and my uni when I got a new frame.

    Seras brother, Zach, thought it was the pedals, took them off, put them
    back on real tight, it still rattled. He then though is was her hub.

    I cam over a little after that to ride with everyone and they told me
    the problem, so i looked at it and jiggled it back in forth, and notice
    one of the bearing holders was loose.

    This happened on my uni when I got my new frame, I side hopped down an
    8-set and wrecked the landed, got up, did it again and landed, but
    noticed it being loose, I though my hub or cranks bent or something,
    then realised the bearing holder came loose form the frame being new.

    Check that and see if it is what is causing the problem.

    ~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more!~*~
    '!Gallery!' (
    '!MRIS!' (
    'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (
    My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (
    Jerrick's Profile:
    View this thread:
  3. unijesse

    unijesse Guest

  4. trials_uni

    trials_uni Guest

    +1 to both...It happens to me every so often.

    'Check Out The Newbie Guide' (

    Radical Reed wrote:
    > I have to herd the polor bears, while harvesting pot. Then I sit down on
    > my couch made of softwood lumber with a glass of maple syrup and watch
    > a hockey game or a gay marrige.

    *Caution-I may have no idea what im talking about*
    trials_uni's Profile:
    View this thread:
  5. Radical Reed

    Radical Reed Guest

  6. Klaas Bil

    Klaas Bil Guest

    On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 08:43:04 -0500, Radical Reed wrote:

    >Hey! you guys were all correct. thanks a lot:D

    Now the challenge is to NOT overtighten the bearing holders. The
    criterion is that the wheel should spin freely.

    Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
    "I'm slowly but surely stealing Wales and bringing it back to my house on the wheel, frame and cranks of my muni. - phil"