Shaved or unshaved (heads)

KikyoMerc

Mar 31, 2005
Well, Im curious how many people shave their heads.

If you do, tell why.
If you don't, tell why.
If other, tell what, and why.

KikyoMerc said:

If you do, tell why.
If you don't, tell why.
"Other" - Naturally Shaved :D

My head breaths alot better with no hair in the helmet,and easy to maintain.the less hair the better.

zaskar said:
My head breaths alot better with no hair in the helmet,and easy to maintain.the less hair the better.

Other - Going shaved slowly by loosing all my hair, high levels of testorserone :p

I do have a friend that I ride with that shaves. He forgot his hat the other day and got some cool racing strips on his head from his helmet. :D

Why would I want to shave my head if I don't have to? If I were balding I would shave it, but I am not, so the hair stays!

used to shave. Felt great in the shower, and when the girls would rub it. Easy maintenance, none of that going to the barber. Just bust out the clippers.

Now I dont. The girls like the feel of the shaved head, but the look of longer hair. I dont feel faster or cooler (temp wise) with a shaved head.

Just simpler to maintain a shaved head. Plus, in my case, it looks better and I need all the help I can get:D

KikyoMerc said:

If you do, tell why.
If you don't, tell why.
I started losing my hair in high school:mad:. By college I was doing the carport comb-over. When I was 24 I had my roommate shave it off with clippers and haven't looked back. Now I'm using a Gillete Mach 3 with a close, clean shave without a nick. When I wait two days to shave I end up cutting off the tops of my follicles and bleed in about a dozen places or so:eek:, thus It's everyday shaving.

Oh yeah, I knew my wife for 3 years and she didn't even consider dating me until I shaved off my hair.:D

oldhousedr said:
I started losing my hair in high school:mad:. By college I was doing the carport comb-over. When I was 24 I had my roommate shave it off with clippers and haven't looked back. Now I'm using a Gillete Mach 3 with a close, clean shave without a nick. When I wait two days to shave I end up cutting off the tops of my follicles and bleed in about a dozen places or so:eek:, thus It's everyday shaving.

Oh yeah, I knew my wife for 3 years and she didn't even consider dating me until I shaved off my hair.:D
ATTA BOY!!!!!!!:D

I have been shaving my head for at least 10 years.

I have a picture of a friend driving a boat. He is bald on top, but not on the sides. That picture would convince anyone with this condition to shave their head. I have never showed him otherwise I believe he would keep it shorter.

You could imagine what the wind made him look like.

If you are old enough to remember Bozo the Clown you can get a mental picture.

My thatch is slowly beginning to look bald, very fine hair, blonder round the crown, and the hairs are slowly becoming thinner, when its beginning to look ragged, its a #1 all over.

Same here: clipped close - no guard. My wife calls it the 5 o'clock shadow look. I'm going for low maintenance. Shaved with a razor is not low maintenance.

I've been giving myself haircuts for the past 8 years and once and a while I mess up. Last year I MESSED UP to the point that I needed to buzz it real close or shave it off. I asked for permission from the wife....(what's happened to me!!) and took a razor to the chrome dome. The look was much different then either her or I were used to. I kept it shaved for a couple of weeks and did some riding and running during the time frame. The biggest thing that I noticed was that I got a lot more sweat in my eyes (to the point that I was almost blinded during a long ride). I did not notice that it was cooler but I did notice that I've got a mis-shapen head so the hair stays for now.......until I give myself another bad haircut!

Peter Verdesi said:
I've been giving myself haircuts for the past 8 years and once and a while I mess up. Last year I MESSED UP to the point that I needed to buzz it real close or shave it off. QUOTE]

Same here. But I like some hair under my helmet so that the sweat doesn't pour into my eyes.

I shave my head when I'm not living at home where parents and other relatives can voice their unceasing torrents of complaint. It's just more comfortable, less of a hassle, CHEAP as all hell (no $15 haircuts, shampoos, conditioners, combs, hair pins, clips, gel, blah blah), and people who would normally accost me on the streets leave me alone. Haha.. you may not believe it but one of my first reasons for shaving was to get men to stop hitting on me. :eek:
Euhmm.. I wonder if I should really post this.

#1 all the way around. Its just easier that way....And helmet line burns or tans ARE cool in the cycling world, regardless of what anyone says. :eek: :D :D

Shaved with clippers to a number 2 or a number 1. Keeps the head cool and when I ride to work I don't have the "helmet-hair" look. Plus I can do it myself and not have to pay hairdressers.