(Sheldon's value) Revisited

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Gaspar, Dec 24, 2003.

  1. Gaspar

    Gaspar Guest

    What a wonderful Christmas present to Sheldon -- an unending thread dedicated to him!

    If we could only send the most needed gift of all through cyberspace to ameliorate his ill-concealed
    frustration & rage: a blow-up toyboy, who doesn't care about excess avoirdupois, geographic origin,
    age or ethnicity. And voila! The need for lacing most of his posts with infantile scatology would
    diminish proportionately.

    [Most surprisingly, no one seems to have 'groked' the origin of his plight but continues to complain
    -- all the while taking advantage of his often sage culinary comments?]

    Gaspar

    Tags:

  2. Gar

    Gar Guest

    On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 10:36:30 -0800, "Gaspar" <myrrh-h@coxx.net> wrote:

    >What a wonderful Christmas present to Sheldon -- an unending thread dedicated to him!

    You're right. Good thing you started a new one!!!!

    Gar

  3. Dimiri

    Dimiri Guest

    "Gaspar" <myrrh-h@coxx.net> wrote in message
    > What a wonderful Christmas present to Sheldon -- an unending thread dedicated to him!
    >
    > If we could only send the most needed gift of all through cyberspace to ameliorate his ill-
    > concealed frustration & rage: a blow-up toyboy, who doesn't care about excess avoirdupois,
    > geographic origin, age or ethnicity. And voila! The need for lacing most of his posts with
    > infantile scatology would diminish proportionately.
    >
    > [Most surprisingly, no one seems to have 'groked' the origin of his plight but continues to
    > complain -- all the while taking advantage of his often sage culinary comments?]
    >
    > Gaspar

    Without question Sheldon wins, you lose.

    It's the holiday season is that all you have to do, bash Sheldon?

    Go feed some homeless people and stop wasting your time.

    Dimitri

  4. Nancree

    Nancree Guest

    >>What a wonderful Christmas present to Sheldon -- an unending thread dedicated to him!

    Gar wote:
    >You're right. Good thing you started a new one!!!!

    And you're adding to it, as well. (g)

  5. Gar

    Gar Guest

    On 24 Dec 2003 19:47:55 GMT, nancree@aol.com (Nancree) wrote:

    >>>What a wonderful Christmas present to Sheldon -- an unending thread dedicated to him!

    >Gar wote:
    >>You're right. Good thing you started a new one!!!!

    >And you're adding to it, as well. (g)

    But I don't give a rats ass about Sherman. If you can use that sorry excuse for a news reader
    that AOL provides, you'll see I'm on his shit list. I don't think he's missed one of my posts
    with his silliness. I'm so upset I'm going to enjoy my holiday and only be able to get 8 hours of
    sleep tonight.

    Sherman is just a meat-puppet. Obviously intelligent enough to play some very amusing games, but not
    amusing enough for all the waste-of-time threads.

    Your posts are pretty dumb too. At least you're not top posting now. You spent years in my bozo bin
    because you refused to post in a readable manner.

    Gar <------no kill-files anymore. It's more fun to read luzzers.

  6. Alzelt

    Alzelt Guest

    Dimiri wrote:

    > "Gaspar" <myrrh-h@coxx.net> wrote in message news:e0lGb.22119$J77.10166@fed1read07...
    >
    >>What a wonderful Christmas present to Sheldon -- an unending thread dedicated to him!
    >>
    >>If we could only send the most needed gift of all through cyberspace to ameliorate his ill-
    >>concealed frustration & rage: a blow-up toyboy, who doesn't care about excess avoirdupois,
    >>geographic origin, age or ethnicity. And voila! The need for lacing most of his posts with
    >>infantile scatology would diminish proportionately.
    >>
    >>[Most surprisingly, no one seems to have 'groked' the origin of his plight but continues to
    >>complain -- all the while taking advantage of his often sage culinary comments?]
    >>
    >>Gaspar
    >

    > Without question Sheldon wins, you lose.
    >
    > It's the holiday season is that all you have to do, bash Sheldon?
    >
    > Go feed some homeless people and stop wasting your time.
    >
    > Dimitri

    Or you could wish Dimitri a Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with many video games
    being sold. :)
    --
    Alan

    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and avoid the people, you might bet-
    ter stay home."
    -- James Michener

  7. Dimiri

    Dimiri Guest

    "alzelt" <alzelFINNFAN@tworldnet.att.net> wrote in message

    > Dimiri wrote:
    >
    > > "Gaspar" <myrrh-h@coxx.net> wrote in message news:e0lGb.22119$J77.10166@fed1read07...
    > >
    > >>What a wonderful Christmas present to Sheldon -- an unending thread dedicated to him!
    > >>
    > >>If we could only send the most needed gift of all through cyberspace to ameliorate his ill-
    > >>concealed frustration & rage: a blow-up toyboy, who doesn't care about excess avoirdupois,
    > >>geographic origin, age or ethnicity. And voila! The need for lacing most of his posts with
    > >>infantile scatology would diminish proportionately.
    > >>
    > >>[Most surprisingly, no one seems to have 'groked' the origin of his plight but continues to
    > >>complain -- all the while taking advantage of his often sage culinary comments?]
    > >>
    > >>Gaspar
    > >

    > > Without question Sheldon wins, you lose.
    > >
    > > It's the holiday season is that all you have to do, bash Sheldon?
    > >
    > > Go feed some homeless people and stop wasting your time.
    > >
    > > Dimitri
    > >

    > Or you could wish Dimitri a Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with many video games being
    > sold. :)
    > --
    > Alan

    In a tough year all I can say Amen brother.

    Alevei

    Hoping you and the SBF have a great holiday.

    Dimitri

  8. Katra

    Katra Guest

    Dimiri wrote:

    > "Gaspar" <myrrh-h@coxx.net> wrote in message news:e0lGb.22119$J77.10166@fed1read07...
    > > What a wonderful Christmas present to Sheldon -- an unending thread dedicated to him!
    > >
    > > If we could only send the most needed gift of all through cyberspace to ameliorate his ill-
    > > concealed frustration & rage: a blow-up toyboy, who doesn't care about excess avoirdupois,
    > > geographic origin, age or ethnicity. And voila! The need for lacing most of his posts with
    > > infantile scatology would diminish proportionately.
    > >
    > > [Most surprisingly, no one seems to have 'groked' the origin of his plight but continues to
    > > complain -- all the while taking advantage of his often sage culinary comments?]
    > >
    > > Gaspar
    >
    > Without question Sheldon wins, you lose.
    >
    > It's the holiday season is that all you have to do, bash Sheldon?
    >
    > Go feed some homeless people and stop wasting your time.
    >
    > Dimitri

    He is right... I did this the other day.

    I was out Christmas shopping and saw a guy sitting on one of the bridges in my residential area,
    around midnight. Didn't think too much of it as there are lots of pretty Christmas lights... but the
    same guy was sitting on the same bridge the next night when I went to finish my shopping. :-(

    I stopped and asked him if he needed some help. He was homeless, but had a family in San Antonio,
    and just needed money for a bus ticket. I gave him the last 20 bucks out of my coin purse, and he
    headed straight for the local grayhound station.

    I cried on the way home, wishing I could have done more for him.... <sigh> I get really emotional
    sometimes over that stuff.

    K.

    --
    "Beaten Paths are for Beaten People". -- Anon.

  9. Reg

    Reg Guest

    Katra wrote:

    > I cried on the way home, wishing I could have done more for him.... <sigh>

    You did more for him than most. You might have even changed his life through your good will.

    > I get really emotional sometimes over that stuff.

    You're a really good person. May you have a blessed holiday.

  10. Katra <Katra@centurytel.net> wrote in

    > I stopped and asked him if he needed some help. He was homeless, but had a family in San Antonio,
    > and just needed money for a bus ticket. I gave him the last 20 bucks out of my coin purse, and he
    > headed straight for the local grayhound station.
    >
    > I cried on the way home, wishing I could have done more for him.... <sigh> I get really emotional
    > sometimes over that stuff.

    Katra, you did a great thing. Most people would have pretended he didn't exist.

    Wayne

  11. Katra

    Katra Guest

    Reg wrote:

    > Katra wrote:
    >
    > > I cried on the way home, wishing I could have done more for him.... <sigh>
    >
    > You did more for him than most. You might have even changed his life through your good will.

    I hope so... When I got home, we made some sandwiches to take back to him, but we were unable to
    find him again. It's about a 2 mile hike to the bus station... I hope he got to his family ok! I
    really do.

    Thanks for understanding. :)

    > > I get really emotional sometimes over that stuff.
    >
    > You're a really good person. May you have a blessed holiday.
    >
    > --
    > Reg email: RegForte (at) (that free MS email service) (dot) com

    <hugs> and Merry Christmas!

    K.

    --
    "Beaten Paths are for Beaten People". -- Anon.

  12. Katra

    Katra Guest

    Wayne Boatwright wrote:

    > Katra <Katra@centurytel.net> wrote in news:3FEAA0FA.B977DA7@centurytel.net:
    >
    > > I stopped and asked him if he needed some help. He was homeless, but had a family in San
    > > Antonio, and just needed money for a bus ticket. I gave him the last 20 bucks out of my coin
    > > purse, and he headed straight for the local grayhound station.
    > >
    > > I cried on the way home, wishing I could have done more for him.... <sigh> I get really
    > > emotional sometimes over that stuff.
    >
    > Katra, you did a great thing. Most people would have pretended he didn't exist.
    >
    > Wayne

    I could not do that... It was COLD!!! :-(

    <hugs>
    K.

    --
    "Beaten Paths are for Beaten People". -- Anon.

  13. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    Wayne Boatwright wrote:

    > Katra <Katra@centurytel.net> wrote in

    > > I stopped and asked him if he needed some help. He was homeless, but had a family in San
    > > Antonio, and just needed money for a bus ticket. I gave him the last 20 bucks out of my coin
    > > purse, and he headed straight for the local grayhound station.

    > Katra, you did a great thing. Most people would have pretended he didn't exist.

    Agreed. I'm not real good about approaching people, though I occasionally surprise myself. I have
    most certainly walked past my share of people who appeared to be homeless. I'm more comfortable
    donating to soup kitchens where people who need a meal can go, or to food banks where people with
    homes but no food can get some.

    nancy

  14. Sheryl Rosen

    Sheryl Rosen Guest

    in article 3FEB3331.191FF0C9@mail.monmouth.com, Nancy Young at
    qwerty@mail.monmouth.com wrote on 12/25/03 1:57 PM:

    > Wayne Boatwright wrote:
    >>
    >> Katra <Katra@centurytel.net> wrote in
    >
    >>> I stopped and asked him if he needed some help. He was homeless, but had a family in San
    >>> Antonio, and just needed money for a bus ticket. I gave him the last 20 bucks out of my coin
    >>> purse, and he headed straight for the local grayhound station.
    >
    >> Katra, you did a great thing. Most people would have pretended he didn't exist.
    >
    > Agreed. I'm not real good about approaching people, though I occasionally surprise myself. I have
    > most certainly walked past my share of people who appeared to be homeless. I'm more comfortable
    > donating to soup kitchens where people who need a meal can go, or to food banks where people with
    > homes but no food can get some.
    >
    > nancy

    You're also very kind to non-strangers who need a bit of help, Nancy. Don't ever forget that!

    Merry Christmas.

  15. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    Sheryl Rosen wrote:

    > in article 3FEB3331.191FF0C9@mail.monmouth.com, Nancy Young at

    > > Agreed. I'm not real good about approaching people, though I occasionally surprise myself. I
    > > have most certainly walked past my share of people who appeared to be homeless. I'm more
    > > comfortable donating to soup kitchens where people who need a meal can go, or to food banks
    > > where people with homes but no food can get some.

    > You're also very kind to non-strangers who need a bit of help, Nancy. Don't ever forget that!

    Oh, that's so nice of you to say.

    > Merry Christmas.

    Thank you very much. It's been a nice day. Hope the holidays are treating everyone well.

    nancy

  16. Sheryl Rosen <catmandy@optonline.net> wrote in

    > in article 3FEB3331.191FF0C9@mail.monmouth.com, Nancy Young at qwerty@mail.monmouth.com wrote on
    > 12/25/03 1:57 PM:
    >
    >> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Katra <Katra@centurytel.net> wrote in

    >>> Katra, you did a great thing. Most people would have pretended he didn't exist.
    >>
    >> Agreed. I'm not real good about approaching people, though I occasionally surprise myself. I have
    >> most certainly walked past my share of people who appeared to be homeless. I'm more comfortable
    >> donating to soup kitchens where people who need a meal can go, or to food banks where people with
    >> homes but no food can get some.
    >>
    >> nancy
    >
    > You're also very kind to non-strangers who need a bit of help, Nancy. Don't ever forget that!
    >
    > Merry Christmas.

    Yep, that too, and she's certainly one of the brighter notes here on RFC.

    Wayne

  17. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    Wayne Boatwright wrote:

    > Sheryl Rosen <catmandy@optonline.net> wrote in news:BC109F91.41756%catmandy@optonline.net:
    >
    > > in article 3FEB3331.191FF0C9@mail.monmouth.com, Nancy Young at qwerty@mail.monmouth.com wrote on

    > >> Agreed. I'm not real good about approaching people, though I occasionally surprise myself. I
    > >> have most certainly walked past my share of people who appeared to be homeless. I'm more
    > >> comfortable donating to soup kitchens where people who need a meal can go, or to food banks
    > >> where people with homes but no food can get some.
    > >>
    > >> nancy
    > >
    > > You're also very kind to non-strangers who need a bit of help, Nancy. Don't ever forget that!
    > >
    > > Merry Christmas.
    >
    > Yep, that too, and she's certainly one of the brighter notes here on RFC.
    >
    > Wayne

    Aw, shucks, what a nice thing to say, you're making me blush.

    (smile) nancy

  18. Katra

    Katra Guest

    Nancy Young wrote:

    > Wayne Boatwright wrote:
    > >
    > > Katra <Katra@centurytel.net> wrote in
    >
    > > > I stopped and asked him if he needed some help. He was homeless, but had a family in San
    > > > Antonio, and just needed money for a bus ticket. I gave him the last 20 bucks out of my coin
    > > > purse, and he headed straight for the local grayhound station.
    >
    > > Katra, you did a great thing. Most people would have pretended he didn't exist.
    >
    > Agreed. I'm not real good about approaching people, though I occasionally surprise myself. I have
    > most certainly walked past my share of people who appeared to be homeless. I'm more comfortable
    > donating to soup kitchens where people who need a meal can go, or to food banks where people with
    > homes but no food can get some.
    >
    > nancy

    It's not without risk... :)

    I'm probably one of the few that actually give money (and the occasional fast food meal) to
    panhandlers....

    <shrugs>

    I'd like to see a national "adopt a family", where everyone on one street would help out a local
    needy family. That'd be neat!

    We do have an excellent local food bank.

    K.

    --
    "Beaten Paths are for Beaten People". -- Anon.

  19. Katra

    Katra Guest

    Sheryl Rosen wrote:

    > in article 3FEB3331.191FF0C9@mail.monmouth.com, Nancy Young at qwerty@mail.monmouth.com wrote on
    > 12/25/03 1:57 PM:
    >
    > > Wayne Boatwright wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Katra <Katra@centurytel.net> wrote in

    > >> Katra, you did a great thing. Most people would have pretended he didn't exist.
    > >
    > > Agreed. I'm not real good about approaching people, though I occasionally surprise myself. I
    > > have most certainly walked past my share of people who appeared to be homeless. I'm more
    > > comfortable donating to soup kitchens where people who need a meal can go, or to food banks
    > > where people with homes but no food can get some.
    > >
    > > nancy
    >
    > You're also very kind to non-strangers who need a bit of help, Nancy. Don't ever forget that!
    >
    > Merry Christmas.

    I agree. :)

    While charity begins at home, we all need to consider our less fortunate fellow humans.

    It's good Karma too! <G>

    K.

    --
    "Beaten Paths are for Beaten People". -- Anon.

Share This Page