Should I Buy A Ready Made Bike Or Customized?

I would recommend you a custom bike because you can add as many features you want in a custom bike. Well, it's really frustrating when you spend a lot of money in a ready made bike and you miss a single feature that you wanted. So, it's better to buy the customized ones.

I think that custom-made bikes are better than regular bikes. However, most custom-made bikes are a bit more expensive. Yet, the quality of a custom-made bike is supposed to be superior to regular bikes. Keep in mind that this is not always the case. So, if you are willing to spend a little more, I would recommend a custom-made bike. Good luck!
I agree with the fact that it's expensive but I think that the money that is spent is totally worth it. You would get the features you want in a single bike and that's what everyone wants.

I agree with the fact that it's expensive but I think that the money that is spent is totally worth it. You would get the features you want in a single bike and that's what everyone wants.

You can't really get a custom bike for 300$, and the original post mentioned that was his budget. Most people don't want custom bikes anyway, why would you need one for casual cycling? Standard bikes often have so many features these days that some are superficial.

Should I buy a ready made bike or customized? I'm thinking of buying a bike to be used mainly for city cycling for around 10 to 12 miles. I have a budget of around $250 to $300. I'm thinking of buying a ready made bike and there were a couple of brands on sale... What brand can you recommend that would fall under my budget? My friend said that bikes on sale on the mall are "built to self destruct" and that I should have one customized instead... any advice?
My cousin actually buys used bikes then uses the parts off of them on her own bike. It's a cheaper way of having something custom so it's perfect for you without paying a ton of money for it new. You'd be surprised how many people sell bikes that are in excellent condition too - at least around here.

A standard ready made bike should suffice for amateur cycling. You don't need optimal perfomance design for your size and potential because you are not into a competition to invest a serious quantity of money to properly ride.

Ready made bicycles are fine and provides good perfomance, you will have a satisfactory experience with them. Of course, there are some quality issues to take into account in order to buy the best bang for your buck, like frame weight, the tires, chains, seats and brakes. But you can ask specific quality treshold suggestions here with veterans in cycling gear.

As "neednoexcuse" that you can buy a customized bike in the place readymade bike. It is good advice and you can make your customized bike according to your needs. But readymade bike also can be good but should be from good company.

search bicycle

You can't buy a custom made bike for just $200 to $300. You have no choice but to buy off the shelf. Besides for the kind of miles you're talking about, even if you said you had $3,000 I wouldn't have recommended a custom bike.

For the price you're shopping at I would recommend a used bike, but make sure you or a friend knows a lot about bikes and can tell you which used bike is a good one. The only other option is to buy mail order, here is one to consider: https://www.amazon.com/Diamondback-Bicycles-Insight-Complete-Performance/dp/B0132I8YL8?th=1&psc=1 This would be a better bike then going to Walmart or Target.

DO NOT get a bike that has a shock fork, low end bikes with shock forks is nothing but trouble, they don't work as intended and they will fail and a new shock fork cost as much as the bike! Also a shock fork cost more money than a ridgid fork thus the manufacture has to cheapen other parts and the frame to get the bike to fit the price point. Also low end shock forks are very heavy and will make the bike feel clunky.

Should I buy a ready made bike or customized? I'm thinking of buying a bike to be used mainly for city cycling for around 10 to 12 miles. I have a budget of around $250 to $300. I'm thinking of buying a ready made bike and there were a couple of brands on sale... What brand can you recommend that would fall under my budget? My friend said that bikes on sale on the mall are "built to self destruct" and that I should have one customized instead... any advice?
Your friend is right. Bikes on sale in some malls is not that durable to last longer. It's better to customized because you can choose different brands of spare parts that would fit on your needs.

You should just buy a good stock bike in a bike shop. Pick a good brand, test it and If you want to customize or reconfigure or adjust anything then you could do it all there. Saves you time, effort and most cases money because in most cases if you buy a bike, they give you good discounts for adons.

My good advice is try the Bamboo Mountain Bike made in the phlippines. It's light weight. The Bamboo body parts was came from one of the hardest bamboo that can be found in the Philippines. Try to check it also on the youtube.

I can't understand what in hell is going on here. You CANNOT buy a "custom" bike for $300. Also for 10-12 miles a day or to and from work you would never need one.

Small wheel folding bikes have the advantage of being easy to store but as some have said, on the open road they cannot move along with traffic. (There's a video on youTube of a priest outrunning what appear to be some pros out on a training ride with a folder but that is all downhill and the pros are on a training ride and not in a race.)

If there is any possibility that you will start sport riding then you should buy a "grocery" bike now and after you get experience you can make a decision for yourself.

Do NOT buy any bike from a department store. Go to a real bike shop that has some used bikes and tell him what you are going to use the bike for. These people know the local terrain and conditions and can properly advise you.

It is almost always cheaper to buy the readymade bike because obviously it is already assembled since there has to be some sort of markup on parts.Usually, you only build if there is some specific combination of parts you can not buy completely or you have things laying around and just need a frame. It is cheaper to buy a high-end bike. When you just have certain components, the question answers itself. Customized your bike if your want to have an extraordinary style of bike or want to make money out of tinkering with your bike and sell it.

For people who are newer, it is almost always advisable to just buy ready-made bikes before you delve in and find out what things you would like to improve your biking experience. Once you have enough time and money, you can spend a little bit more to customize your bike based on your preference.

I do recommend to assemble a new one because it will allows you to pick or select the different kinds of parts for your bike. Honestly speaking I preferred parts that is made in Japan though its expensive but it would lasts.Bike now is trending and make sure to ride it with safety gears before you hit the road.

I think the ready made bike is much more applicable to you, specially you said you will use that bike in the city. Do not think the customized bike for a while, you can upgrade your bike if you want. and also depends on where you going to use your bike. but for now. choose the ready made bike.

I suggest to look for a ready made bike since you're not going to use it for far travel. You just have to take a full research on which ready made bike has a reliable quality. Try consulting others about buying a ready made bike. You just have to look for it in different stores and try comparing which is the best quality that suits your preference. Not all ready made bikes are made for self-destruct. You just have to be wise in picking the right one.

If you would ask me, I would buy the ready made bike. It is okay to assemble a customized bike but it will cost more in money and also more in time. My reason is that I would test ride the bike and if it fits me perfectly then I can buy it. And if it doesn't then look for another in the rack. But when there's no bike in that store that fits me then maybe I would go to another store. I don't believe in that "self destruct" thing because who is in his right mind to sell such bikes?
That's right. I agree with your point. I would also prefer to use ready-made bike for same reasons as you.

If you would ask me, I would buy the ready made bike. It is okay to assemble a customized bike but it will cost more in money and also more in time. My reason is that I would test ride the bike and if it fits me perfectly then I can buy it. And if it doesn't then look for another in the rack. But when there's no bike in that store that fits me then maybe I would go to another store. I don't believe in that "self destruct" thing because who is in his right mind to sell such bikes?
That's right. I agree with your point. I would also prefer to use ready-made bike for same reasons as you.

As "neednoexcuse" that you can buy a customized bike in the place readymade bike. It is good advice and you can make your customized bike according to your needs. But readymade bike also can be good but should be from good company.

search bicycle
Right, it's a good suggestion, buy a customized bike in ready made bike store. I think some of the bike store accept the swapping. Swap all the the parts of your ready made bike and choose the parts that you think is comfortable for you.

If the bike store is worth their salt they can pre measure you body and find a ready made bike to fit you perfectly. At that point you can decide which parts you want to exchange for better parts, but there are two conditions to doing that, one is the shop must have a policy in place that allows their customers that option; and two is that you cannot take the bike home use it then return to swap a part or two, the parts must be in new condition because when they take the part off your bike they will sell it as new, if you ride it they can no longer do that and won't allow any exchanges.

When I got my Lynskey through Adrenalin bike, what I said above is what they told me, so I swapped several items before they shipped me the bike and all I had to pay was the difference between the new part that came with the bike and the part I was replacing it with.