Simvastatin or Lovastatin?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by James E., Mar 23, 2004.

  1. James E.

    James E. Guest

    I have been taking Zocor (Simvastatin), which is rather
    expensive. Recently, my HMO has made Lovastatin available as
    a generic. which is much cheaper than Zocor.

    Is there a marked advantage to taking expensive Simvastatin,
    compared to cheap Lovavastin?

    --
    James
    -

    Tags:

  2. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    "James E." <wer25@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I have been taking Zocor (Simvastatin), which is rather
    > expensive.
    Recently,
    > my HMO has made Lovastatin available as a generic. which
    > is much cheaper than Zocor.
    >
    > Is there a marked advantage to taking expensive
    > Simvastatin, compared to cheap Lovavastin?

    Lovavastin did really well compared to its competitor in a
    recent test. However, we don't know your medical condition.
    Please talk with your doctor.

    Jeff

    > --
    > James -

  3. Anon

    Anon Guest

    On 2004-03-23 12:59:30 -0500, "James E." <wer25@yahoo.com> said:

    > Is there a marked advantage to taking expensive
    > Simvastatin, compared to cheap Lovavastin?

    Simvastatin is more potent than Lovastatin. Depending on
    your lipid goals, Lovastatin may or may not get you there.
    Talk to your doctor.

Share This Page