Some good (OT) stuff from the London bombings

darkboong said:
Apparently more people are taking to push-irons. Has to be good. :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4719015.stm
One thing I found funny was that there are 42 deaths/billion km on a bike. When the author said that is riding for 96 years I did the math to prove how slow he must be riding... ooops :eek: that is 96 years at an average speed of just over 28km/hr. Man if you could maintain that pace for just 7 days you would shatter the RAAM (race across america) solo record. Of course you are still 14 times more likely to be killed on a bike than in a car.

Tigerish Lip said:
Travel on the underground is a nightmare! Cycling is getting trendy in London. About time too, I say! :)

And it is funny that one of the four cyclists in the first picture is wearing a face mask... London would never be called a clean city by any means (it is pretty dirty) but compared to São Paulo it is a cyclists (or anyone with lungs) dream ;)

I biked to work today and I didn't need a mask. Yet Friday evening, I went on a bike ride just a little further out from London, and I started to cough - it was rush hour.
I think I better start wearing a mask ;)

wilmar13 said:
And it is funny that one of the four cyclists in the first picture is wearing a face mask... London would never be called a clean city by any means (it is pretty dirty) but compared to São Paulo it is a cyclists (or anyone with lungs) dream ;)