Sorry, I've been absent......

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Mpd Blue, May 4, 2004.

  1. Mpd Blue

    Mpd Blue Guest

    Had to do my 17 days of A.T. for the reserves, building a
    new house.. what fun that is (NOT), made two trips to NH
    to bring down 2 cars, a motorcycle, and assorted
    woodworking tools.

    Lots of progress on the new homestead: brick work is done,
    exterior is painted:
    http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04painted.jpg

    dry-wall is hung, and first coat of mud is drying
    http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04FirstFloor.jpg

    http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04stairs2.jpg (why the
    fsck did I go with a vaulted ceiling?!?!?!?!?)

    http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04_niche.jpg

    Then... there was the fscking "Memphis in May" sh!t. Stupid
    drunk kids on Beale St.... of course it rained every
    night....it rained _sideways_ Saturday night, my duty boots
    are still soaked. The 3 days of nonstop music was pretty
    cool though.

    As penance I promise to ride the Single Speed every
    afternoon after work at Shelby Farms or Stanky Creek.

    --
    John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
    http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    MPD Blue wrote:
    > Had to do my 17 days of A.T. for the reserves, building a
    > new house.. what fun that is (NOT), made two trips to NH
    > to bring down 2 cars, a motorcycle, and assorted
    > woodworking tools.
    >
    > Lots of progress on the new homestead: brick work is done,
    > exterior is painted:
    > http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04painted.jpg
    >
    > dry-wall is hung, and first coat of mud is drying
    > http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04FirstFloor.jpg
    >
    > http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04stairs2.jpg (why
    > the fsck did I go with a vaulted ceiling?!?!?!?!?)
    >
    > http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04_niche.jpg
    >

    > Then... there was the fscking "Memphis in May" sh!t.
    > Stupid drunk kids on Beale St.... of course it rained
    > every night....it rained _sideways_ Saturday night, my
    > duty boots are still soaked. The 3 days of nonstop music
    > was pretty cool though.
    >

    > As penance I promise to ride the Single Speed every
    > afternoon after work at Shelby Farms or Stanky Creek.
    >
    > --
    > John G. in Memphis, TN

    Looking good ... looking real good!

    You going with Berber, tile or wood?
    --
    Slacker

  3. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    MPD Blue <MPDBlue@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04painted.jpg
    >http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04FirstFloor.jpg
    >http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04stairs2.jpg
    >http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04_niche.jpg

    Who's your decorator? Kinda into minimalism, huh? ;-)

    Don't worry - stack enough bikes around and the place will
    look great.

    Mark "and you've got a great start on enough bikes"
    Hickey Habanero Cycles http://www.habcycles.com Home of
    the $695 ti frame

  4. ----------
    In article <c79cl60164r@news4.newsguy.com>, MPD Blue
    <MPDBlue@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > Had to do my 17 days of A.T. for the reserves, building a
    > new house.. what fun that is (NOT), made two trips to NH
    > to bring down 2 cars, a motorcycle, and assorted
    > woodworking tools.
    >
    > Lots of progress on the new homestead: brick work is done,
    > exterior is painted:
    > http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04painted.jpg
    >
    > dry-wall is hung, and first coat of mud is drying
    > http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04FirstFloor.jpg
    >
    > http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04stairs2.jpg (why
    > the fsck did I go with a vaulted ceiling?!?!?!?!?)
    >
    > http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04_niche.jpg
    >

    > Then... there was the fscking "Memphis in May" sh!t.
    > Stupid drunk kids on Beale St.... of course it rained
    > every night....it rained _sideways_ Saturday night, my
    > duty boots are still soaked. The 3 days of nonstop music
    > was pretty cool though.
    >

    > As penance I promise to ride the Single Speed every
    > afternoon after work at Shelby Farms or Stanky Creek.
    >
    > --
    > John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
    > http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

    You're an amazing guy, the amount of stuff you're able to
    accomplish at the same time. Do you ever sleep?

    Paul

  5. Mpd Blue

    Mpd Blue Guest

    Slacker wrote:
    > Looking good ... looking real good!

    thanks. I put a LOT of effort into getting everything just
    perfect. http://www.shavings.net/images/first_floor-plan.gif
    http://www.shavings.net/images/second_floor-plan.gif (Gotta
    love Auto CAD :)

    In retrospect I should have switched the washer and dryer
    locations, SWMBO pointed out it is more logical to work left
    to right. But it's too late, now...... <sigh>

    > You going with Berber, tile or wood?

    "All of the above."

    14" cultured marble tile for the entry-way, mud room and
    laundry room.

    3/4" T&G heart pine (hand finished with home-made
    honey/golden shellac ;-) for the kitchen and dining area
    (and eventually in the expansion room above the garage)

    bedrooms, living room, and stairs, and the "dry" areas of
    the bathrooms are getting cheap contractor grade carpeting
    until I can go full wood. "wet" areas of the bathrooms are
    getting a 2" tumbled granite tile.

    on the food prep side, countertops are going to be 12/4
    (yeah, 3" thick) quarter sawn beech slabs, I've had air
    drying out in the barn for 5 years

    on the cooking side, some stunning NH (of course ;-) granite
    I scored a few years back. (That moving van is going to be
    HEAVILY weighted ;-)

    --
    John "The happy home builder" G.

  6. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    Paul macintyre wrote:

    > ----------
    > In article <c79cl60164r@news4.newsguy.com>, MPD Blue
    > <MPDBlue@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Had to do my 17 days of A.T. for the reserves, building a
    >>new house.. what fun that is (NOT), made two trips to NH
    >>to bring down 2 cars, a motorcycle, and assorted
    >>woodworking tools.
    >>
    >>Lots of progress on the new homestead: brick work is done,
    >>exterior is painted:
    >>http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04painted.jpg
    >>
    >>dry-wall is hung, and first coat of mud is drying
    >>http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04FirstFloor.jpg
    >>
    >>http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04stairs2.jpg (why
    >>the fsck did I go with a vaulted ceiling?!?!?!?!?)
    >>
    >>http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04_niche.jpg
    >>

    >>Then... there was the fscking "Memphis in May" sh!t.
    >>Stupid drunk kids on Beale St.... of course it rained
    >>every night....it rained _sideways_ Saturday night, my
    >>duty boots are still soaked. The 3 days of nonstop music
    >>was pretty cool though.
    >>

    >>As penance I promise to ride the Single Speed every
    >>afternoon after work at Shelby Farms or Stanky Creek.
    >>
    >>--
    >>John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
    >>http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg
    >>

    > You're an amazing guy, the amount of stuff you're able to
    > accomplish at the same time. Do you ever sleep?
    >
    > Paul

    There's plenty of time to sleep on the job http://www.hoopla.org/WTC/WTC9-
    12/images/WTCSleepers.jpg
    --
    Slacker

  7. S O R N I

    S O R N I Guest

    MPD Blue wrote:
    > Had to do my 17 days of A.T. for the reserves, building a
    > new house.. what fun that is (NOT), made two trips to NH
    > to bring down 2 cars, a motorcycle, and assorted
    > woodworking tools. {snipz}

    Who are you?

    Bill "JD tardy with it" S.

  8. Mpd Blue

    Mpd Blue Guest

    S o r n i wrote:
    > MPD Blue wrote:
    >
    >>Had to do my 17 days of A.T. for the reserves, building a
    >>new house.. what fun that is (NOT), made two trips to NH
    >>to bring down 2 cars, a motorcycle, and assorted
    >>woodworking tools. {snipz}
    >

    > Who are you?

    Sore Knee.

    John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
    http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

  9. Welcome "home" , John. When is move-in day for the new
    mansion?

    Steve

  10. Bob Rogers

    Bob Rogers Guest

  11. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    "MPD Blue" <MPDBlue@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    Yeah, we uhhm, missed you, thingy-guy...

    > Had to do my 17 days of A.T. for the reserves, building a
    > new house.. what fun that is (NOT), made two trips to NH
    > to bring down 2 cars, a motorcycle, and assorted
    > woodworking tools.
    >
    > Lots of progress on the new homestead: brick work is done,
    > exterior is painted:
    > http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04painted.jpg
    >
    > dry-wall is hung, and first coat of mud is drying
    > http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04FirstFloor.jpg
    >
    > http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04stairs2.jpg (why
    > the fsck did I go with a vaulted ceiling?!?!?!?!?)
    >
    > http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04_niche.jpg

    Glad it's going...well, glad it's going!

    ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe

  12. Jd

    Jd Guest

    " S o r n i" <sorni@bite-me.san.rr.com> wrote in message news:<q6%lc.307$ii6.106@twister.socal.rr.com>...
    > MPD Blue wrote:
    > > Had to do my 17 days of A.T. for the reserves, building
    > > a new house.. what fun that is (NOT), made two trips to
    > > NH to bring down 2 cars, a motorcycle, and assorted
    > > woodworking tools. {snipz}
    >
    > Who are you?
    >
    > Bill "JD tardy with it" S.

    Usurper!

    JD

  13. S O R N I

    S O R N I Guest

    JD wrote:
    > " S o r n i" <sorni@bite-me.san.rr.com> wrote in message

    >> Who are you?
    >>
    >> Bill "JD tardy with it" S.
    >
    > Usurper!

    Leave my soup-eating habits out of this.

    Bill "eye appointment" S.

  14. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Tue, 04 May 2004 19:26:11 -0500, MPD Blue <MPDBlue@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >As penance I promise to ride the Single Speed every
    >afternoon after work at Shelby Farms or Stanky Creek.

    that's penance?

    Peace,

    Bill

    The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a
    reflector, that is, the mind should give an immediate view
    instead of an interpretation of the world.
    :-]

  15. Mpd Blue

    Mpd Blue Guest

    Stephen Baker wrote:

    > Welcome "home" , John. When is move-in day for the new
    > mansion?

    June 1 is the target.... Better damned well be, I'm packing
    up the house in NH and driving the truck down on May 28
    John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
    http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

  16. Mpd Blue

    Mpd Blue Guest

    Bill Wheeler wrote:

    >>As penance I promise to ride the Single Speed every
    >>afternoon after work at Shelby Farms or Stanky Creek.

    > that's penance?

    Yeah I rode the Tour De Wolf @ Shelby Farms today.... had to
    dismount once for a downed tree, dabbed once because of some
    inconveniently placed roots and mud _PLUS_ I got passed by 4
    folks on geared, boingy-type, bikes... cretins!

    John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
    http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

  17. Mpd Blue

    Mpd Blue Guest

  18. Mpd Blue

    Mpd Blue Guest

    Stephen Baker wrote:
    > From the pics, it doesn't look undoable unless there are
    > system problems blocking a CO...

    Everything is inspected up to the plumbing top-out. All I
    need is the electrical and plumbing finals and those can't
    be done till the switches, outlets and fixtures are in and
    the breakers are installed. "June One" "June One" "June One"
    "June One" "June One" "June One" "June One" c'mon, chant it
    with me..... "June One" "June One" "June One"
    --
    John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
    http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

Share This Page