Speeding up metabolic Rate?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by RichardH, May 19, 2005.

  1. RichardH

    RichardH Guest

    I have been doing trisets now for 2months and they have been great, I have
    lost a stone in fat just with my metabolic rate shooting through the roof
    and put on piles of muscle and it only take an hour at the gym 2/3 times a
    week.

    Only thing is I think its time to change my routine a bit, I want to loose
    my belly for good now, I know most of this is diet rather than working out,
    so I will start to focus more on what gets consumed but I was wondering if
    there are any other types of high intensity work outs like trisets that keep
    ya ripped?

    I was also wondering if any of you know of any good trisets I am not doing?

    At the minute I am only doing biceps, triceps, chest, shoulders and upper
    back.

    I would like a new routine for upper back because I dont feel its working at
    all?

    Any advise or information would be great :)

    Tags:

  2. "RichardH" <Richard@hodgett.co.uk> wrote in message
    >I have been doing trisets now for 2months and they have been great, I have
    >lost a stone in fat just with my metabolic rate shooting through the roof
    >and put on piles of muscle and it only take an hour at the gym 2/3 times a
    >week.
    >
    > Only thing is I think its time to change my routine a bit, I want to loose
    > my belly for good now, I know most of this is diet rather than working
    > out, so I will start to focus more on what gets consumed but I was
    > wondering if there are any other types of high intensity work outs like
    > trisets that keep ya ripped?
    >
    > I was also wondering if any of you know of any good trisets I am not
    > doing?
    >
    > At the minute I am only doing biceps, triceps, chest, shoulders and upper
    > back.
    >
    > I would like a new routine for upper back because I dont feel its working
    > at all?
    >
    > Any advise or information would be great :)

    Eat 6 small meals a day every couple of hours. Your metabolism will go
    ballistic and you'll be shitting 4 times a day.

    Fraser

  3. Helgi Briem

    Helgi Briem Guest

    On Thu, 19 May 2005 13:01:59 +0100, "RichardH" <Richard@hodgett.co.uk>
    wrote:

    >I have been doing trisets now for 2months and they have been great, I have
    >lost a stone in fat just with my metabolic rate shooting through the roof
    >and put on piles of muscle and it only take an hour at the gym 2/3 times a
    >week.

    Good for you.

    >Only thing is I think its time to change my routine a bit, I want to loose
    >my belly for good now, I know most of this is diet rather than working out,
    >so I will start to focus more on what gets consumed but I was wondering if
    >there are any other types of high intensity work outs like trisets that keep
    >ya ripped?

    I don't know what trisets are, but compound exercises
    like squats, deadlifts, pullups and presses do a good job
    of working a lot of muscle and stimulating the metabolic
    rate.

    >At the minute I am only doing biceps, triceps, chest, shoulders and
    >upper back.

    You are definitely losing out by only working about 30% of the
    body's muscle mass.

    >I would like a new routine for upper back because I dont feel its
    >working at all?

    Pullups or chinups are the best upper back exercise. There
    are machines that provide assistance if you can't do them.
    Pulldowns are a decent substitute, as are various forms of
    rows. See http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/BackWt.html

    --
    Helgi Briem hbriem AT simnet DOT is

  4. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Helgi Briem <HelgiBriem_1@hotmail.com> wrote:
    :> On Thu, 19 May 2005 13:01:59 +0100, "RichardH"
    :> <Richard@hodgett.co.uk> wrote:
    :>
[...]

    Imagine the boost in MR if he did some lower body movements that involved
    his major muscle mass! Instead of looking for a new routine, how about
    finding one that isn't retarded?

    I like to do a chest movement, followed immediately with a leg movement,
    followed by a upper back movement, followed by a lower back movement.
    Repeat that several times with as little rests as you stand. Then I switch
    over to a shoulder movement, an ab movement, then a leg movement (typical
    hams for me), and another back movement. Repeat several times. Finish off
    with isolation for tri's&bi's. I have to do this at night, after 8:30, when
    my gym is uncrowded.

    :>
    :> >I would like a new routine for upper back because I dont feel its
    :> >working at all?
    :>
    :> Pullups or chinups are the best upper back exercise. There
    :> are machines that provide assistance if you can't do them.
    :> Pulldowns are a decent substitute, as are various forms of
    :> rows. See http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/BackWt.html
    :>
    :> --
    :> Helgi Briem hbriem AT simnet DOT is

  5. Larry Hodges

    Larry Hodges Guest

    Fraser Johnston wrote:
    > "RichardH" <Richard@hodgett.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> I have been doing trisets now for 2months and they have been great,
    >> I have lost a stone in fat just with my metabolic rate shooting
    >> through the roof and put on piles of muscle and it only take an hour
    >> at the gym 2/3 times a week.
    >>
    >> Only thing is I think its time to change my routine a bit, I want to
    >> loose my belly for good now, I know most of this is diet rather than
    >> working out, so I will start to focus more on what gets consumed but
    >> I was wondering if there are any other types of high intensity work
    >> outs like trisets that keep ya ripped?
    >>
    >> I was also wondering if any of you know of any good trisets I am not
    >> doing?
    >>
    >> At the minute I am only doing biceps, triceps, chest, shoulders and
    >> upper back.
    >>
    >> I would like a new routine for upper back because I dont feel its
    >> working at all?
    >>
    >> Any advise or information would be great :)

    > Eat 6 small meals a day every couple of hours. Your metabolism will
    > go ballistic and you'll be shitting 4 times a day.
    >
    > Fraser

    You eat too much. I only shit once, maybe twice.
    --
    -Larry

  6. RichardH

    RichardH Guest

    I read something like this before... I might try this... What size of meals
    are we talking here?

    thanks

  7. RichardH

    RichardH Guest

    Thank you for the advise, I will definatly start including pull ups in my
    routine for upper back, I might look into adding deadlifts too if i can....

    A triset basically is:

    for example, chest:
    incline dumbells (26kg) x 6
    flat dumbell press (30kg) x 6
    decline bench press (70kg) x 6

    And you do this 3 times without stopping. Obviously the weights are what I
    do and you can change them.

Share This Page