Spices/herbs for meats.

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Jnj, Jun 7, 2004.

  1. Jnj

    Jnj Guest

    I am looking for a guide to which spices and herbs are best
    suited for which meats as well as what they do to flavor the
    meats (especially in combination). Does anyone have any
    links or tips?

    TIA....

    James

    Tags:

  2. Kswck

    Kswck Guest

  3. Jnj

    Jnj Guest

  4. Penmart01

    Penmart01 Guest

    ><jnj@spamcop.net> wrote: I am looking for a guide to which
    >spices and herbs are best suited for which meats as well as
    >what they do to flavor the meats (especially in
    >combination). Does anyone have any links or tips?

    Subscribe to Penzeys Spices catalog: <penzeys.com>

    ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =--- ---= Move
    UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
    *********
    "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without
    tribulation." Sheldon ````````````

  5. Hahabogus

    Hahabogus Guest

    penmart01@aol.como (PENMART01) wrote in

    >><jnj@spamcop.net> wrote: I am looking for a guide to which
    >>spices and herbs are best suited for which meats as well
    >>as what they do to flavor the meats (especially in
    >>combination). Does anyone have any links or tips?
    >
    > Subscribe to Penzeys Spices catalog: <penzeys.com>
    >

    > ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =--- ---=
    > Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
    > *********
    > "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without
    > tribulation." Sheldon ````````````

    A nice Spice reference http://www-
    ang.kfunigraz.ac.at/~katzer/engl/

    --
    Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on
    nothing but food and water.

  6. Jnj

    Jnj Guest

    > Subscribe to Penzeys Spices catalog: <penzeys.com>

    Ya know, I tried that once before and never did receive
    anything. I'll have to fill out the form again.

    James

  7. Jnj

    Jnj Guest

  8. Ss2

    Ss2 Guest

    Just a mention here for info. We have a Penzey's within
    driving distance from here. They have tons of spices and
    their catalog includes a few recipes in every issue. I get
    mine regularly. BUT - my daughter and I have discovered that
    some of their spice mixes include MSG that isn't always
    listed in the catalog. If you have an intolerance to that
    you might want to confirm the ingredients before ordering.

    Susie

    "PENMART01" <penmart01@aol.como> wrote in message news:20040601181938.07406.00000306@mb-
    m03.aol.com...
    > >> Subscribe to Penzeys Spices catalog: <penzeys.com>
    > >
    > >Ya know, I tried that once before and never did receive
    > >anything. I'll
    have
    > >to fill out the form again.
    > >
    > >James
    >
    > Call: 1-800-741-7787
    >
    > Mail order companys most generally assign personel for
    > tending to emailed catalog requests, etc. as a fill-in
    > when nothing else is pressing... often
    no
    > one ever reads those catalog requests because some lazy
    > pimply faced
    pinhead
    > just deletes a batch in one fell swoop... it's best
    > to phone.
    >

    > ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =--- ---=
    > Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
    > *********
    > "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without
    > tribulation." Sheldon ````````````

Share This Page