sports supplements

tchak attack

Dec 3, 2004
I am currious for those of you who put in many miles on bike and or run and workout four five or six days per week if you use any type of sports supplements? For either performance enhancement or faster recovery.
I glanced at this months issue of TRIATHLETE magazine and saw ads for Myoplex Deluxe, Accelerade and Endurox R4, Damage Control Master Formula, BioBuilde, First Endurance, I heared from a fellow rider that a multi vitamin with extra magnesium and calcium tablets are good enough...I realize that evreyone is different with diferent goals and different levels of exertion and competion.
Myself I am passionate about running and cycling. I have been since 1999. I am not super competitive but generaly finish in the top 25% tile in the races I enter (any where from a 5K, to duathlolon, to eight marathons I ran and four to seven century rides during summer months) I will turn 38 years old at the end of this mionth and am noticing I am more tired at night than before? Any feed back or advice or personal encounters with any of the hundreds of sports nutrion/supplements on the market will be great.
smile.gif

the best recovery product i have tried, and i have tried a ton of supplements of all kinds for cycling, is Recoverite from Hammer Nutrition.
their Hammergel and HEED drink is all i take on rides also.
Race Caps Supreme is used by our top placing riders, some will not ride without it.
you can subscribe to "The Journal Of Endurance" for free.
www.hammernutrition.com
i am a sponsored team member, reference my customer #40630 for 15% discount anytime.

tchak attack said:
I am currious for those of you who put in many miles on bike and or run and workout four five or six days per week if you use any type of sports supplements? For either performance enhancement or faster recovery.
I glanced at this months issue of TRIATHLETE magazine and saw ads for Myoplex Deluxe, Accelerade and Endurox R4, Damage Control Master Formula, BioBuilde, First Endurance, I heared from a fellow rider that a multi vitamin with extra magnesium and calcium tablets are good enough...I realize that evreyone is different with diferent goals and different levels of exertion and competion.
Myself I am passionate about running and cycling. I have been since 1999. I am not super competitive but generaly finish in the top 25% tile in the races I enter (any where from a 5K, to duathlolon, to eight marathons I ran and four to seven century rides during summer months) I will turn 38 years old at the end of this mionth and am noticing I am more tired at night than before? Any feed back or advice or personal encounters with any of the hundreds of sports nutrion/supplements on the market will be great.http://cyclingforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

There are a ton of products you can use but here is what i have had success with.

Biobuilde

There are a few products from a site www.carbopro.com

Carbo Pro
Motivator
Vantage
Recover

These all work together

Then of course Lava salt tabs.

Bob