Still trying to get on track!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Kd, Mar 19, 2004.

  1. Kd

    Kd Guest

    Well, I did all right for a few days. Then a bit of this
    won't hurt, a little of that, let's go visit the in-laws in
    PEI. They didn't feel like cooking, let's order Chinese
    food. *sigh*

    I'm rather disgusted with myself. Before, I managed to stay
    on this for several months. Now I can't seem to keep it
    together for even seven days in a row. Oh well, I'm making
    an attempt to visit the gym at lunchtimes now, started
    today, maybe that will help keep things under control.

    KD

    Tags:

  2. KD, From someone who has been there done that; don't be so
    hard on yourself. This is a long process and there will
    always be room for improvement. How many days did you stay
    OP this week? Maybe next week you can set a goal to make
    that one more day. I stayed OP for 4 out of 5 days so far
    this week and will get back tomorrow. That is the longest I
    have stayed OP. Take heart in your improvements and take
    small steps to get back on track. Kristine KD" wrote Well, I
    did all right for a few days. Then a bit of this won't hurt,
    a little of that, let's go visit the in-laws in PEI. They
    didn't feel like cooking, let's order Chinese food. *sigh*

    I'm rather disgusted with myself. Before, I managed to stay
    on this for several months. Now I can't seem to keep it
    together for even seven days in a row. Oh well, I'm making
    an attempt to visit the gym at lunchtimes now, started
    today, maybe that will help keep things under control.

    KD

  3. One day at a time, KD. One day at a time. Or one meal at a
    time. Or one bite at a time. Break it down into the smallest
    increment possible and get from one to the next. When that
    doesn't work, pick yourself, start again as soon as you're
    able, and move on without guilt or regrets. Self-disgust and
    self-loathing are fine if they motivate you to get and stay
    on program. But if you're like me, those feelings cause me
    to give up and overeat even more. Accept that you're human,
    not perfect, doing the best you can.

    On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 00:30:36 GMT, "KD"
    <kdorsey@NOSPAM.ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

    >Well, I did all right for a few days. Then a bit of this
    >won't hurt, a little of that, let's go visit the in-laws in
    >PEI. They didn't feel like cooking, let's order Chinese
    >food. *sigh*
    >
    >I'm rather disgusted with myself. Before, I managed to stay
    >on this for several months. Now I can't seem to keep it
    >together for even seven days in a row. Oh well, I'm making
    >an attempt to visit the gym at lunchtimes now, started
    >today, maybe that will help keep things under control.
    >
    >KD

    Linda P
    232/158/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  4. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    KD one of the ladies here said it best (I think it was PR)
    that as long as you have more good days than bad days you're
    doing it right.

    Eating better will not occur with a snap of the fingers.
    Be patient with yourself and you'll be surprised at what
    you can do.

    Julie

    "KD" <kdorsey@NOSPAM.ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:MUr5c.117709$IF6.3885658@ursa-
    nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...
    > Well, I did all right for a few days. Then a bit of this
    > won't hurt, a little of that, let's go visit the in-laws
    > in PEI. They didn't feel like cooking, let's order Chinese
    > food. *sigh*
    >
    > I'm rather disgusted with myself. Before, I managed to
    > stay on this for several months. Now I can't seem to keep
    > it together for even seven days
    in
    > a row. Oh well, I'm making an attempt to visit the gym at
    > lunchtimes now, started today, maybe that will help keep
    > things under control.
    >
    > KD

  5. the good news is that you are trying and you see where the issues are, good
    luck, Lee
    KD <kdorsey@NOSPAM.ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Well, I did all right for a few days. Then a bit of this
    > won't hurt, a little of that, let's go visit the in-laws
    > in PEI. They didn't feel like cooking, let's order Chinese
    > food. *sigh*
    >
    > I'm rather disgusted with myself. Before, I managed to
    > stay on this for several months. Now I can't seem to keep
    > it together for even seven days
    in
    > a row. Oh well, I'm making an attempt to visit the gym at
    > lunchtimes now, started today, maybe that will help keep
    > things under control.
    >
    > KD

  6. Connie

    Connie Guest

    KD wrote:
    > Well, I did all right for a few days. Then a bit of this
    > won't hurt, a little of that, let's go visit the in-laws
    > in PEI. They didn't feel like cooking, let's order Chinese
    > food. *sigh*
    >
    > I'm rather disgusted with myself. Before, I managed to
    > stay on this for several months. Now I can't seem to keep
    > it together for even seven days in a row. Oh well, I'm
    > making an attempt to visit the gym at lunchtimes now,
    > started today, maybe that will help keep things under
    > control.
    >
    > KD

    Try for one hour at a time... that's what I do when I'm
    having a rough patch.

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/197/155 RAFL 210.5/197/198.5 50 lbs off
    241.5/197/191.5

  7. Kd

    Kd Guest

    Thanks for the encouragement Kristine. Some days, it seems
    I'm never going to get used to eating this way again! But
    tomorrow is another day, next week another week. All I can
    do is try!

    KD

    "Kristine Quilici" <kristineq1966@hotmail.com> wrote in
    message
    > KD, From someone who has been there done that; don't be so
    > hard on yourself. This is a long process and there will
    > always be room for improvement. How many days did you stay
    > OP this week? Maybe next week you can set a goal to make
    > that one more day. I stayed OP for 4 out of 5 days so far
    > this week
    and
    > will get back tomorrow. That is the longest I have stayed
    > OP. Take heart
    in
    > your improvements and take small steps to get back on
    > track. Kristine KD" wrote Well, I did all right for a few
    > days. Then a bit of this won't hurt, a little of that,
    > let's go visit the in-laws in PEI. They didn't feel like
    > cooking, let's order Chinese food. *sigh*
    >
    > I'm rather disgusted with myself. Before, I managed to
    > stay on this for several months. Now I can't seem to keep
    > it together for even seven days
    in
    > a row. Oh well, I'm making an attempt to visit the gym at
    > lunchtimes now, started today, maybe that will help keep
    > things under control.
    >
    > KD

  8. KDwrote: Thanks for the encouragement Kristine. Some days,
    it seems I'm never going to get used to eating this way
    again! But tomorrow is another day, next week another week.
    All I can do is try!

    KD, All we can do is try. Somedays are easier than others.
    Today was hard for me but like you said tomorrow is
    another day. All one can do is keep trying and taking
    heart in their accomplishments as small as they may seem.
    They will eventually add up to a big one. Trust me when I
    say I know where you are at and how you feel. Just don't
    give up. Kristine

Share This Page