Sunshine!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Westie, Feb 20, 2003.

  1. Westie

    Westie Guest

    So there.

    With so many posts about the damn snow and bad weather I just thought that I'd tell you that the
    average temperature for the week in my little part of the world has been 28 degrees centigrade with
    high temps into the 30's (that's 80's-90's for you F guys, I believe! Clear blues skies. No rain. A
    Light and Gentle breeze for the most part. The trails are dry yet they not so dry that the tyres
    won't bite into them for traction.

    Summer. Glorious. I thoroughly expect a bevy of fair young maidens to drag me off somewhere shady
    and pleasant any moment now...

    Westie

    Tags:

  2. On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 21:33:19 +1300, Westie did issue forth:

    > Summer. Glorious. I thoroughly expect a bevy of fair young maidens to drag me off somewhere shady
    > and pleasant any moment now...

    Alternatively you might get dragged off and beaten to a pulp by those of us who get frozen every
    time we step out of the door.

    ;-)

  3. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Westie wrote:
    > So there.
    >
    > With so many posts about the damn snow and bad weather I just thought that I'd tell you that the
    > average temperature for the week in my little part of the world has been 28 degrees centigrade
    > with high temps into the 30's (that's 80's-90's for you F guys, I believe! Clear blues skies. No
    > rain. A Light and Gentle breeze for the most part. The trails are dry yet they not so dry that the
    > tyres won't bite into them for traction.
    >
    > Summer. Glorious. I thoroughly expect a bevy of fair young maidens to drag me off somewhere shady
    > and pleasant any moment now...

    I've decided that my lifestyle will in future be best suited to one that involves spending six
    months a year in the northern hemisphere followed by six months in the southern hemisphere. I have
    it all worked out, apart from the small detail of how to fund this lifestyle.

    BTW, we've had beautiful, dry, sunny weather for the last week. Admittedly the temperature hasn't
    got above zero, but it would still be a lovely weekend for a ride or two. Tragically, I'm travelling
    to England (fish and chips, cup o' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary F*ckin' Poppins) and it's
    guaranteed to piss it down.

  4. roKeMS

    roKeMS New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2002
    Where do you live Westie?

    Bahamas??:eek: :D

    I'm an aussie and it's stinkin' hot here! ....And lovin' it!!

    m'w'hahahahahha

  5. On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:03:01 +0100, bomba did issue forth:

    > BTW, we've had beautiful, dry, sunny weather for the last week. Admittedly the temperature hasn't
    > got above zero, but it would still be a lovely weekend for a ride or two. Tragically, I'm
    > travelling to England (fish and chips, cup o' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary F*ckin' Poppins)
    > and it's guaranteed to piss it down.

    That reminds me. This weekend will be the first time that I've ever been mountain biking in England!

  6. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Westie <Westie@invalid.address.null> wrote in message news:b323sg$a6l$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
    > So there.
    >
    > With so many posts about the damn snow and bad weather I just thought that I'd tell you that the
    > average temperature for the week in my little part
    of
    > the world has been 28 degrees centigrade with high temps into the 30's (that's 80's-90's for you F
    > guys, I believe! Clear blues skies. No rain. A Light and Gentle breeze for the most part. The
    > trails are dry yet they not so dry that the tyres won't bite into them for traction.
    >
    > Summer. Glorious.

    Bollox! Summer sucks like a sufeit of steroid fed leaches. Gimme cold, dull, wet, miserable days
    anytime. The future is grey.

    > I thoroughly expect a bevy of fair young maidens to drag me off somewhere shady and pleasant any
    > moment now...
    >
    > Westie

    I sorrow for you at your imminent and inevitable disapointment.

    Shaun aRe

  7. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

    On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:03:01 +0100, bomba <myarse247@hotmail.com> blathered:

    >> Summer. Glorious.

    >BTW, we've had beautiful, dry, sunny weather for the last week. Admittedly the temperature hasn't
    >got above zero, but it would still be a lovely weekend for a ride or two.

    It's been a lovely week for a ride or two, my favourite conditions.
    http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/temp/highst/highraise-pan.jpg Give me freezing cold over
    stinking heat anyday.

    Pete
    ----
    http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

  8. Panda

    Panda Guest

    so where is that a photo of?

    panda

    "Pete Jones" <peteajones@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:03:01 +0100, bomba <myarse247@hotmail.com> blathered:
    >
    > >> Summer. Glorious.
    >
    > >BTW, we've had beautiful, dry, sunny weather for the last week. Admittedly the temperature hasn't
    > >got above zero, but it would still be a lovely weekend for a ride or two.
    >
    > It's been a lovely week for a ride or two, my favourite conditions.
    > http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/temp/highst/highraise-pan.jpg Give me freezing cold over
    > stinking heat anyday.
    >
    > Pete
    > ----
    > http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

  9. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Pete Jones wrote:

    > It's been a lovely week for a ride or two, my favourite conditions.
    > http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/temp/highst/highraise-pan.jpg

    Oh Pete, why do you have to keep posting stuff like that? That's the sort of picture that makes me
    contemplate jacking in my job...

    > Give me freezing cold over stinking heat anyday.

    Agreed, but I do like shorts and shirt weather. As long as the sun shines, I'm happy :)

  10. Westie

    Westie Guest

    "roKeMS" <usenet-forum@cycling.net.au> wrote in message news:3e54b1be$1_1@news.chariot.net.au...
    > Where do you live Westie?
    >
    > Bahamas??:eek: :D

    Nope. Closer than you think. I'm a kiwi. South Island actually.

    Westie

    > I'm an aussie and it's stinkin' hot here! ....And lovin' it!!
    >
    > m'w'hahahahahha
    >

    > --
    > Life is one big adventure....or nothing
    >
    > http://www.cycling.net.au/northshore/ www.mountainbikepark.com

  11. Westie

    Westie Guest

    "Shaun Rimmer" <shaun@newtronic.co.uk> wrote in message

    > Westie <Westie@invalid.address.null> wrote in message news:b323sg$a6l$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
    > > So there.
    > >
    > > With so many posts about the damn snow and bad weather I just thought
    that
    > > I'd tell you that the average temperature for the week in my little part
    > of
    > > the world has been 28 degrees centigrade with high temps into the 30's (that's 80's-90's for you
    > > F guys, I believe! Clear blues skies. No
    rain.
    > > A Light and Gentle breeze for the most part. The trails are dry yet
    they
    > > not so dry that the tyres won't bite into them for traction.
    > >
    > > Summer. Glorious.
    >
    > Bollox! Summer sucks

    I'm glad you got a 'sucks' in. Wouldn't have been right if we hadn't gotten
    it. :)

    like a sufeit of steroid fed leaches. Gimme cold, dull,
    > wet, miserable days anytime. The future is grey.
    >
    > > I thoroughly expect a bevy of fair young maidens to drag me off
    somewhere
    > > shady and pleasant any moment now...
    > >
    > > Westie
    >
    > I sorrow for you at your imminent and inevitable disapointment.

    I wasn't disappointed. Both my nieces dragged me off and made me watch the 'Wiggles' video with them
    AGAIN last night.... Not what I had in mind, but it DID happen...

    Westie

  12. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Westie <Westie@invalid.address.null> wrote in message news:b343s8$591$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...

    > "Shaun Rimmer" <shaun@newtronic.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Westie <Westie@invalid.address.null> wrote in message news:b323sg$a6l$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
    > > > So there.
    > > >
    > > > With so many posts about the damn snow and bad weather I just thought
    > that
    > > > I'd tell you that the average temperature for the week in my little
    part
    > > of
    > > > the world has been 28 degrees centigrade with high temps into the 30's (that's 80's-90's for
    > > > you F guys, I believe! Clear blues skies. No
    > rain.
    > > > A Light and Gentle breeze for the most part. The trails are dry yet
    > they
    > > > not so dry that the tyres won't bite into them for traction.
    > > >
    > > > Summer. Glorious.
    > >
    > > Bollox! Summer sucks
    >
    > I'm glad you got a 'sucks' in. Wouldn't have been right if we hadn't
    gotten
    > it. :)

    Yes, me too.

    > like a sufeit of steroid fed leaches. Gimme cold, dull,
    > > wet, miserable days anytime. The future is grey.
    > >
    > > > I thoroughly expect a bevy of fair young maidens to drag me off
    > somewhere
    > > > shady and pleasant any moment now...
    > > >
    > > > Westie
    > >
    > > I sorrow for you at your imminent and inevitable disapointment.
    >
    > I wasn't disappointed. Both my nieces dragged me off and made me watch the 'Wiggles' video with
    > them AGAIN last night....

    OMG, not the bloody _WIGGLES_!!!!!!!!!! I seen that shit, and it's _BAD_ ;-(

    > Not what I had in mind, but it DID happen...
    >
    > Westie

    So, in your world, _2 little girl kids_, are a 'bevy of fair young maidens'?

    Your shit is all fucked up - fix your shit.

    ',;~}

    Shaun aRe

  13. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

  14. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:33:57 -0000, "panda" <sam.bixby@archbishopthurstan.hull.sch.net> blathered:
    >

    > http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/temp/highst/highraise-pan.jpg
    > >so where is that a photo of?
    >
    > It's about 10 miles ESE of this, from a couple of hours ago -
    > http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/temp/stybarrowpan-21feb03.jpg
    >
    > <Roy Walker mode on>
    >
    > The clue's in the title...say what you see.
    >
    > </Roy Walker mode off>

    Scotland or Cumbria?

    Shaun aRe

  15. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    panda <sam.bixby@archbishopthurstan.hull.sch.net> wrote in message

    > "Shaun Rimmer" <shaun@newtronic.co.uk> wrote in message

    > > > It's about 10 miles ESE of this, from a couple of hours ago -
    > > > http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/temp/stybarrowpan-21feb03.jpg
    > > >
    > > > <Roy Walker mode on>
    > > >
    > > > The clue's in the title...say what you see.
    > > >
    > > > </Roy Walker mode off>
    > >
    > > Scotland or Cumbria?
    > >
    > > Shaun aRe
    > they were my 2 choices....
    >
    > panda

    Well, I had Scotland because of the 'Cairn' and his Roy Walker thingy, and Cumbria because Stybarrow
    sounds like Cumbria to me.

    Shaun aRe

  16. Panda

    Panda Guest

    they were my 2 choices....

    panda

    "Shaun Rimmer" <shaun@newtronic.co.uk> wrote in message

    > Pete Jones <peteajones@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > > On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:33:57 -0000, "panda" <sam.bixby@archbishopthurstan.hull.sch.net>
    > > blathered:
    > >

    > > http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/temp/highst/highraise-pan.jpg
    > > >so where is that a photo of?
    > >
    > > It's about 10 miles ESE of this, from a couple of hours ago -
    > > http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/temp/stybarrowpan-21feb03.jpg
    > >
    > > <Roy Walker mode on>
    > >
    > > The clue's in the title...say what you see.
    > >
    > > </Roy Walker mode off>
    >
    > Scotland or Cumbria?
    >
    > Shaun aRe

  17. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

    On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:41:15 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <shaun@newtronic.co.uk> blathered:

    >> > Scotland or Cumbria?

    >Well, I had Scotland because of the 'Cairn' and his Roy Walker thingy

    Roy Walker's a feckin' Irishman.

    Pete
    ----
    http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

  18. Westie

    > Westie <Westie@invalid.address.null> wrote in message news:b343s8$591$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
    > >
    > > "Shaun Rimmer" <shaun@newtronic.co.uk> wrote in message

    <snock>

    > > > I sorrow for you at your imminent and inevitable disapointment.
    > >
    > > I wasn't disappointed. Both my nieces dragged me off and made me watch the 'Wiggles' video with
    > > them AGAIN last night....
    >
    > OMG, not the bloody _WIGGLES_!!!!!!!!!! I seen that shit, and it's _BAD_
    ;-(

    > > Not what I had in mind, but it DID happen...
    > >
    > > Westie
    >
    > So, in your world, _2 little girl kids_, are a 'bevy of fair young
    maidens'?

    Hmmmm. I can see where this conversation is/has going/gone and, well, ummmm,... just... , just
    SHUT UP SHAUN!

    Dammit man! Have you no shame? LOL.

    Westie

    > ',;~}
    >
    > Shaun aRe

  19. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Westie <Westie@invalid.address.null> wrote in message news:b39h2p$9va$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...

    > "Shaun Rimmer" <shaun@newtronic.co.uk> wrote in message

    > > > Not what I had in mind, but it DID happen...
    > > >
    > > > Westie
    > >
    > > So, in your world, _2 little girl kids_, are a 'bevy of fair young
    > maidens'?
    > >

    > Hmmmm. I can see where this conversation is/has going/gone and, well, ummmm,... just... , just
    > SHUT UP SHAUN!
    >
    > Dammit man! Have you no shame? LOL.
    >
    > Westie

    Nah - I was _not_ heading _there_!!!! I was merely pointing out that you appeared to be under some
    confusion over the number '2', and the rest of
    it....oh whathell.....

    Shaun aRe - ',;~}

  20. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:41:15 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <shaun@newtronic.co.uk> blathered:

    > >Well, I had Scotland because of the 'Cairn' and his Roy Walker thingy
    >
    > Roy Walker's a feckin' Irishman.

    Well duh! "The clue's in the title.....say what you see." is what I was on about.

    Shaun aRe

Share This Page