TCR vs. Orca...anyone actually ridden both?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by thedivekrb, Oct 1, 2004.

1. thedivekrb

thedivekrb New Member

I'd be interested in input from people who have actually test rode both these bikes. I currently own a TCR which I'm quite happy with, but I'm bowled over by the Orca.

Spec'd out they are very close in weight and geometry. I couln't find a wheelbase spec for the Orca but looking at the chainstay length, head angle and fork my guess is it would be longer. This ouwld jibe with the one comment I got from a dealer saying the Orca was a little more stable. I do a lot of climbing and fast descending, on the downhills the Giant can be a bit twitchy.

I'd like to give the Orca a try but the only one within shouting distance of my home in Reno is a hundred miles away and it's a larger frame (57cm...I'd be looking at a 54) than I'd probably be buying, so any input is appreciated.

Tags:

2. The Cheetah

The Cheetah New Member

I have ridden both. TCR is nice for climbing. I thought the Orca was a good climber but nowhere near the TCR. If you want a Bike that will climb fast enough and then cook on the flats the Orca is your bike. I thought the Orca was the best all around bicycle. I wasn't as fast on the TCR as i was on the Orca. My vote is the Orca. :cool: