The Third Division Debate; my three cents.

Ronde Chumpion

Guest
Hey,

If you are paid a salary, you are professional. PERIOD!

Thanks, Ronde Chumpion

not a D3 '0'k dreamer

ronde chumpion wrote:

> Hey,
>
> If you are paid a salary, you are professional. PERIOD!
>
> Thanks, Ronde Chumpion
>
> not a D3 '0'k dreamer

I thought most pro's are contractors, not employees.? (Employees get "salaries" or "wages.") A
contractor can sign a contract for whatever the market will bear or for whatever reason/purpose the
contractor and contracting firm choose to satisfy, and that doesn't have to be money. Was Jim Thorpe
a pro or an amateur when he got stripped of his Olympic medal(s)?

So if Lance doesn't get a salary, but only gets the terms of the contract, does that make him
an amateur?

"ronde chumpion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hey,
>
> If you are paid a salary, you are professional. PERIOD!
>
> Thanks, Ronde Chumpion
>
> not a D3 '0'k dreamer

I'm not sure about that. What I am sure of is this: If you aren't paid a salary, yet still spend
year after year racing your bike, living in your parents basement and generally sponging off of
people, you're a LOSER.

my problem is that you can no longer run a cat 1-2 race without pros.Cycling federation says you
MUST allow tier 3 pros to ride.that means 90 per cent of the pros can ride cat 1-2 races.IT IS NOT
RIGHT.PRO RIDERS SHOULD RIDE PRO RACES

Danny

"The Pomeranian" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> ronde chumpion wrote:
> >
> > Hey,
> >
> > If you are paid a salary, you are professional. PERIOD!
> >
> > Thanks, Ronde Chumpion
> >
> > not a D3 '0'k dreamer
>

> I thought most pro's are contractors, not employees.? (Employees get "salaries" or "wages.") A
> contractor can sign a contract for whatever the market will bear or for whatever reason/purpose
> the contractor and contracting firm choose to satisfy, and that doesn't have to be money. Was Jim
> Thorpe a pro or an amateur when he got stripped of his Olympic medal(s)?
>
> So if Lance doesn't get a salary, but only gets the terms of the contract, does that make him an
> amateur?

If the employer tells you where, when and how to do the job, you are an employee, not a contractor
in the U.S. This means Lance, Mario and the Clipped Elephant are contractors while most of the
people riding with them are employees...

--
Curtis L. Russell Odenton, MD (USA) Just someone on two wheels...

CritUSA writes: Boo-Hoo, I might actually have to try hard in a bike race.

I respond: Quit your whining. If you are a cat 1 or 2 you should be excited to race against the best
competition. If you want to be an underachiever, go back to cat 3 and feel like a tough guy beating
guys worse than you. Cat 1/2 racers, typically without full time jobs, in races with cash purses,
and teams that have sponsors names on their jerseys sure as hell strut around like they're big time
bike riders. The last thing they should be whining about is having to ride against solid
competition.

If you want to run and hide from the likes of Jittery Joes, ColaVita, and Greg Lemond's kitchen
appliances, then maybe you should reevaluate your participation in the sport.

Thank you

"trdina" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "ronde chumpion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hey,
> >
> > If you are paid a salary, you are professional. PERIOD!
>
> I'm not sure about that. What I am sure of is this: If you aren't paid a salary, yet still spend
> year after year racing your bike, living in your parents basement and generally sponging off of
> people, you're a LOSER.

Isn't that the desciption of Palachick before he got married? Now he sponges off of his wife?

> "trdina" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "ronde chumpion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Hey,
> > >
> > > If you are paid a salary, you are professional. PERIOD!
> >
> > I'm not sure about that. What I am sure of is this: If you aren't paid
> > salary, yet still spend year after year racing your bike, living in your parents basement and
> > generally sponging off of people, you're a LOSER.
>
> Isn't that the desciption of Palachick before he got married? Now he sponges off of his wife?

While most of the above is true, I never lived in my parent's basement. And at least I have a wife
to sponge off of, you bald-headed divorced loser.

Thanks, Ronde Champ