The Thread about Nothing....

15995238_1261649200593177_7755738715921883277_o.jpg

12901415_1005044789586954_2538954050891324335_o.jpg

12342391_933231260101641_5477639819162023828_n.jpg

I'm keen to purchase a big photo on glass of something local by Glen Ross. https://www.facebook.com/Temora11/ It is big sky country around here and he know's how t
The hardest part is choosing which photo to go with.

Reactions: steve
Driving from SA, or more nominally Adelaide to anywhere else, when I was younger, you got a lot of silos. And many of them are gone now, but a few still exist.
I love a good silo photo.

Glen needs to keep working hard on his craft.

Polite enough?

Having said that I admire anyone willing to document the world around them. So its not all doom and gloom from me.

Reactions: cheetahmk7
In the interests of owning your ****, I got this from my sister tonight.

Hi bro I got your msg & I’m gonna say this straight out......Sort out your issues, sort out your life & maybe then you can start having meaningful relationships with people.
I don’t want to hear your negativity anymore or sit & listen to you mock my beliefs. It’s high time you woke up to yourself. You don’t realise what great parents you have & that your upbringing was good by many standards. I think you need to be reminded that YOU chose the life you have, no one else chose it for you. It’s high time you let go of the bitterness & resentment & did something good with your life. Stop blaming your parents for your mistakes & take a good look in the mirror.
cleardot.gif

Yeah, I was only beaten just enough. And God was king. I'm sorry I stopped believing. It's definitely my fault for losing my family, because I wouldn't any longer play the Christian game. Bye family.

10403836_736862603071842_9192094265155873173_o.jpg

10580781_681476395277130_9165511912271383749_o.jpg

10931642_774933179264784_7982885223222645861_o.jpg

10463830_658846784206758_4171574463213417949_o.jpg

12891653_993978380693595_3326995922731688959_o.jpg

These photos capture what I love about riding the back roads of my district. It's a harsh kind of beauty that takes a bit to appreciate. If I'm fortunate to be out riding at dawn or dusk the sky can be absolutely breathtaking.

Reactions: steve
Yeah, I was only beaten just enough. And God was king. I'm sorry I stopped believing. It's definitely my fault for losing my family, because I wouldn't any longer play the Christian game. Bye family.

Harsh.

On a positive note, at least they didn't stone you to death. Deuteronomy 21:18-21

I had some fun last night do my very first swim comp. Our three kids have started doing swimming competition this season but instead of waiting around like all the other parents do, my wife, some friends and I have decided to set a good example of how to be an active adult by joining in. It was fun racing and being narrowly beaten by my cycling nemesis in the 50 m freestyle. I also enjoyed beating my wife in the 25 m butterfly. My time saw me promoted to the 50 m butterfly which was pretty funny as I only made it 25 m before having to stop for a rest. I was also proud as punch to see my eldest daughter swim 100 m back stroke for the first time.

Reactions: paulambry
A mate of mine runs a groovy little gallery/shop on Oxford st called the Workshop Makery, it's a space in which artists can affordably rent a table or wall space to show and sell their art from, all kinds of stuff, jewelery made from watch movements, candles, mugs, paintings, photos, handcut vinyl, whatever. It's a great gift buying shop. Arts and craft workshops on the weekends too. It's cool.

Found it. https://www.facebook.com/DanHuArtistry/

Ta, very useful link! But deciding on a handful of albums is the really tough bit :) Mingus, sure, good choice. I'm a sucker for the S. Neil Fujita covers, but they wouldn't work in 2-tone. Well, maybe Round About Midnight. Sonic Youth's Goo wouldn't lose anything though :) I'll check out the gallery next time I'm up there though.

I haven't checked or logged in since thursday because I knew I'd drunk posted as usual, but also smashed posted, with family **** included. I was expecting a guiltridden horrorshow, but now I've read it again, and thankfully it wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be. Yay.
Nice one with the Deuteronomy Cheetah.And the family you've still got. Look after them.
And nice one Vette. OK I was stoned as well. But thankfully, not to death.

Hmm. What to add? This, and by definition all of you who contribute to this, the TAN, are legend. My chosen family. Love you all.

Also I've been reading that message my sister sent me. It's awesome, and reasonable even. Good advice, generally.
It is however a response to a spat I've had with my father recently, and no context needed here really, but it's completely presumptive on my father being the hero at all times, which he most definitely has not been in our recent communication, nor in my childhood generally, including when he said a couple of months ago that I was lucky I never arced up from his heavy discipline with the shaving strop or the garden hose many years earlier, because he would have dropped me.
I will admit that the next time we spoke I eventually said he was a bit of a ****, in relation to that previous chat, which got me the beep beep end of phone call. But that's what's been bandied around to my siblings as evidence of my non Christian awfulness, and I'm sorry but I'm sick of playing that ****ing game. I am angry. Again. But I need to get over it. They are fundamentalist wowsers and I can't afford to let it keep ****ing me up. They do make it very clear that that I'm to blame for not being welcome amongst my family unless I repent and become a believer again, and that is all. So be it.

It goes in phases. Years ago I decided I couldn't afford to resent them and I should salvage whatever sense of family possible, come what may. I currently seem to be going through a cranky phase where I want them to understand my perspective, but that is I think pointless. They are together and have God on their side. I lose full stop.

Right now I should probably pretend they don't exist and focus on my own mental health. Eh.

Titles for Brad Wiggins next autobiography. It's been 6 months, so he must be overdue a new one.

Be There In A Jiffy - My Race To Paris
It's Therapeutic to be Exempt - My Struggle With Sinusitis
101 Uses For a Jiffy Bag - Drawing Raffle Tickets and Other Useful Ideas