The Thread about Nothing....

• good evening. My name is Gregory and I'm looking for a house or apartment for this and share it with my future friends. study and work, I enjoy playing sports and hanging out with my friends.

Monday 9:18 pm
  • Hi. If you would like to pop by and have a look give me a call on 0410*****33.
    Regards, Steve
  • Hi, send me a message to mark the day of visit.

Tuesday 10:40 pm
  • Read my message again.

• cool. I'll call you tomorrow.
**** me. I'm too old for this sharehouse ****. I'm no longer social enough to find friends of friends to live with any more. It's ****ing awful. It's like all the decent people have gotten on with their lives and have proper homes and I have to deal with just the dregs. Which is fair enough. But even if I choose carefully, they're still likely travellers and the room's gonna be empty for a while afterwards until I can pick the next half decent one. But how many ****ing messages do I have to send for each ****ing visit? That one's just the tip of the iceberg, but I'm cranky. **** off morons. And answer your ****ing phones when I ring back immediately in response to your text which clearly is gonna turn into 20 texts, or even just listen to the voicemail rather than keeping on texting.
And even worse, if you've said you'll pop by by at a particular time, just ****ING KNOCK ON THE ****ING DOOR. Don't send a text saying I'm outside, please. You'll likely be out there for a while, you ****ing moron.

Yep, you're turning into a cranky old man. :p

Mind you, it could be a useful filtering tool. If they can't read and understand your ad, then you probably don't want to share a house with them.

Social norms have shifted, to full retard.

Agree with what you are saying beepers. People don't talk on the phone anymore, and young pinheads don't even read a text message properly or hurts my brain.

Now put that felefal down.

Reactions: paulambry
Darn tootin, particularly after spending another 4hrs trying to explain basic maths. And the example above was not really indicative of the endless texting. ****, if you want to move in you're gonna have to speak to me at some point. Answer the ****ing phone and it'd all be sorted in less than a minute. But no, the texting. The ****ing endless texting. I really am staggered that probably 8 out of 10 people text that they're at the door rather than knock. You just sent another text five minutes ago saying you're nearly here.

Share houses aren't really an option after the age of 30. The generational divide between yourself and younger housemates just gets too wide, and for those of your own age there is a reason why they haven't got their **** together and purchased or rented their own place.

tumblr_o0k3erYCrk1qz6z2wo1_500.gif

Darn tootin, particularly after spending another 4hrs trying to explain basic maths. And the example above was not really indicative of the endless texting. ****, if you want to move in you're gonna have to speak to me at some point. Answer the ****ing phone and it'd all be sorted in less than a minute. But no, the texting. The ****ing endless texting. I really am staggered that probably 8 out of 10 people text that they're at the door rather than knock. You just sent another text five minutes ago saying you're nearly here.

Yes! So very true. I was selling a bike a few years ago now and I got a text ‘we are here’. Me thinking ‘what does that mean exactly’? I decided to open the front door just to check - sure enough there they are standing around like Freemasons. It was ****ing weird. Like door knocking is now off limits too?

My missus and I were just commenting tonight about how we justtttt missed the digital psychosis (we passed through school in the late nineties) that has enslaved a total generation of minds. A generation who can barely function in a coherent way and are predominantly devoid of original thought and true innovation.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://youtu.be/3ev7GXzFTPg

• good evening. My name is Gregory and I'm looking for a house or apartment for this and share it with my future friends. study and work, I enjoy playing sports and hanging out with my friends.

Monday 9:18 pm
  • Hi. If you would like to pop by and have a look give me a call on 0410*****33.
    Regards, Steve
  • Hi, send me a message to mark the day of visit.

Tuesday 10:40 pm
  • Read my message again.

• cool. I'll call you tomorrow.
**** me. I'm too old for this sharehouse ****. I'm no longer social enough to find friends of friends to live with any more. It's ****ing awful. It's like all the decent people have gotten on with their lives and have proper homes and I have to deal with just the dregs. Which is fair enough. But even if I choose carefully, they're still likely travellers and the room's gonna be empty for a while afterwards until I can pick the next half decent one. But how many ****ing messages do I have to send for each ****ing visit? That one's just the tip of the iceberg, but I'm cranky. **** off morons. And answer your ****ing phones when I ring back immediately in response to your text which clearly is gonna turn into 20 texts, or even just listen to the voicemail rather than keeping on texting.
And even worse, if you've said you'll pop by by at a particular time, just ****ING KNOCK ON THE ****ING DOOR. Don't send a text saying I'm outside, please. You'll likely be out there for a while, you ****ing moron.

Hahaha sorry didnt read this one first! I can relate and first time it happened I was completely shocked...like the first moment you realise humanity has regressed.

I reckon the low point was the generation that went through their formative years during the 160 character limit SMS era. Nobody could decipher what they meant with all of their abbreviations and lack of grammar, punctuation and capitalisation.