This is unfortunate news.

There I have corrected a few typos.

"I’ve been very strong for doping in the last four years and I don’t think our sport could do more that what it’s doing so we must find new strategies to fight anti doping,” added McQuaid. “Everyone has to remember that I spent three years in major conflict with some of our major stake holders. Now that these problems have been resolved the future looks a lot clearer and wealthier for me.”

jhuskey said:
There I have corrected a few typos.

"I’ve been very strong for doping in the last four years and I don’t think our sport could do more that what it’s doing so we must find new strategies to fight anti doping,” added McQuaid. “Everyone has to remember that I spent three years in major conflict with some of our major stake holders. Now that these problems have been resolved the future looks a lot clearer and wealthier for me.”
He must have a huge list of bribes coming in then. ;)

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

- Albert Einstein

einstein-bicycle1.jpg

You have to love a democracy where El Presidente runs unopposed and the old leader handpicks his successor. All Pat McQuaid needs is a snappy military uniform covered with bogus medals like the Commander in the Order of the Ivory Coast Sporting Merit, a pair of dark glasses, and a pistol on his hip. He would then fit right into any get-together of tinpot dictators.

Try not to let the old scoundrel exasperate you, Lim. Repeated banging of head on hard surface is not good for you

Gregers said:
Try not to let the old scoundrel exasperate you, Lim. Repeated banging of head on hard surface is not good for you

He's very cynical though, gregers.

It annoys me because he knows very well what is going on.
In private he will say "yes, there is a problem and I know what is going on.............."

he talks openly at the federation do's........there's no prevarication.
But publicly he defends the UCI.

Not a man to create change.

I hear the Swiss anti-doping agency may reopen an investigation. This would most likely put the final nail in the coffin for any comeback chances for Ullrich.

jhuskey said:
I hear the Swiss anti-doping agency may reopen an investigation. This would most likely put the final nail in the coffin for any comeback chances for Ullrich.

So who did Ullrich ******** in the past to be such a marked man?

Pressure from the media is enough to change public opinion and the Swiss Cycling Federation does not have much power therefore gets dictated to.