Today I are been mainly at the Bike Shop

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Just Zis Guy, Feb 8, 2003.

  1. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    And what a fine group of people they are. Ricky finally redeemed his dismissal of my trusty Claud
    Butler as "obsolete" by doing a same afternoon turnaround on my 'bent - the Magura disc brake mounts
    needed fettling (there is a Special Tool which looks a lot like a milling cutter to me).

    Andy, the boss, has the Giant semi-recumbent prominantly on display, and the fairing from Jason
    Queally's 2001 world HPV record attempt on the wall. The Sith are moving in :)

    I bought an 11-32T cogset for the Stinger, which should be better now I've started taking more
    devious routes home for extra climbing practice, and should allow me to take on a wider range of
    rides, and I spoiled myself with a pair of Tacx sealed bearing idlers, which are lovely and quiet.
    If somewhat purple.

    And I picked up a copy of the Reading Cycle Campaign newsletter
    <http://webspace.netmatters.co.uk/slim/rcc/CycleReading%20Winter%202003.pdf>

    Two odd things: there's a Giant bike with automatic transmission on show (why? it's got a Nexus hub
    gear - how much easier does it need to be?) and some bloke with a set of 16-spoke aero wheels with
    gnarlies! What's that about?

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

    Tags:

  2. "Just zis Guy, you know?" <guy.chapman@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    > And what a fine group of people they are.

    Good to hear about some good shops. Some are willing to bend over backwards! I had to have a 20"
    wheel built up for a WizWheelz/Currie, and the thought of a 20: wheel is usually "AHA! Kiddie
    toy!" So the wrong width/weight/single gear was built up. Now have to start over. Wait until
    Tuesday... BAH!!!

    Somehow, I always find out too late who knows what they are doing in LBSs / and who does not.

    Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

  3. Guy Chapman wrote

    > Andy, the boss, has [...] the fairing from Jason Queally's 2001 world HPV record attempt on
    > the wall

    Big shop, is it :)

    Paul Davies reckoned that Quentin van Marle had split the fairing in half and half-buried it in his
    garden as matching his'n'hers swimming pools; Anthony Shingler maintains that the moulds are now
    being used for the manufacture of streamlined 4-berth caravans...

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  4. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 13:14:33 -0000, "Dave Larrington" <legs_larry@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Big shop, is it :)

    Monsta!

    >Paul Davies reckoned that Quentin van Marle had split the fairing in half and half-buried it in his
    >garden as matching his'n'hers swimming pools; Anthony Shingler maintains that the moulds are now
    >being used for the manufacture of streamlined 4-berth caravans...

    Heh! It has a plaque underneath saying it did (I think) 64mph. Someone said "Wow!" so I pointed out
    that Rob English had *crashed* faster than that :)

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.