Toto: Italian for Fred?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by slice2, Jul 6, 2005.

  1. slice2

    slice2 Guest

    what's the deal with Salvatore Commesso's seat pack? I don't think I've ever
    seen one in a pro race, but of course our local masters races will have a
    few guys with fully loaded seat packs and camelbacks for a 40 minute crit...

    Tags:

  2. On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 14:48:04 GMT, slice2 wrote:
    > what's the deal with Salvatore Commesso's seat pack?

    Radio.

    --
    Firefox Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

  3. "Ewoud Dronkert" <firstname@lastname.net.invalid> schreef in bericht
    > On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 14:48:04 GMT, slice2 wrote:
    > > what's the deal with Salvatore Commesso's seat pack?

    > Radio.

    Part of the electronic shifting system, according to Michel Wuyts. But you
    could be right, as they asked the question and read some incoming e-mails
    about it.

  4. On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 14:48:04 GMT, "slice2" <homer@simpson.com> wrote:

    >what's the deal with Salvatore Commesso's seat pack? I don't think I've ever
    >seen one in a pro race, but of course our local masters races will have a
    >few guys with fully loaded seat packs and camelbacks for a 40 minute crit...

    I think it's a radio transmitter to send his biometric data (heart
    rate, speed, wattage) to a receiver someplace. The folks at SRM put
    it up online for all to see live during the course of the stage -->
    http://www.livebiodata.de/ARD/EN/index.html

    They did this last year with Voigt and a few other riders, and I did
    notice that Commesso had a SRM box on his handlebars in yesterday's
    stage.

    J. Spaceman

Share This Page