Tour De Romandie - Picks ("D" word banned!)

Andrew76

Jan 24, 2007
OK, Tour de Romandie starts today, the build up seems to have been quiet but lets have a look at the contenders:

Pereiro Sio, Schleck (supported by a very strong Team CSC), Evans, Boogerd (with Menchov in a strong Rabobank team)... plenty to get excited about.

Being an Aussie I could not go past Cadel after a win in this event last year, and a few consistent results in recent weeks indicating that he is working his way into form.

Savoldelli.

Even if he does not want to exert himself too much for the overall, I'll put him down to win the prologue.

Andrew76 said:
OK, Tour de Romandie starts today, the build up seems to have been quiet but lets have a look at the contenders:

Pereiro Sio, Schleck (supported by a very strong Team CSC), Evans, Boogerd (with Menchov in a strong Rabobank team)... plenty to get excited about.

Being an Aussie I could not go past Cadel after a win in this event last year, and a few consistent results in recent weeks indicating that he is working his way into form.
Mighty Mick should do well too, Maybe an Aussie 1,2. Looks like Brad McGee is finally racing again too.

The Double Zero said:
Mighty Mick should do well too, Maybe an Aussie 1,2. Looks like Brad McGee is finally racing again too.
I'm to pick Bernhard Kohl, and if he doesn't win, there'll be trouble! :)

Have to say Michael Rogers is looking strong for the win here. Or maybe Haimar Zubeldia from Euskaltel?

Appears i've made a mistake here. Clearly Charley Wegelius is going to win (after being given 15 minutes of free time on a long break away).

Anyone give Pereiro a chance at this race?

Eldrack said:
Appears i've made a mistake here. Clearly Charley Wegelius is going to win (after being given 15 minutes of free time on a long break away).

Anyone give Pereiro a chance at this race?

Not sure I understand - how did Wegelius manage a 15min breakaway on a 3.5km prologue TT? Maybe I have missed something!

Would like to see Pereiro do well but I really dont have any idea what kind of condition he is in - he has not been prominent in any races of recent times has he?

Does anyone know where to to get live results / race commentary on the internet for this race? Preferably in english...

Bro Deal said:
Savoldelli.

Even if he does not want to exert himself too much for the overall, I'll put him down to win the prologue.
Woo hoo. I finally got one, even if it is just a prologue. You have to take what you can get when you have picked as badly as I have this season.

cyclingheroes said:
Why not. The prologue wasn't his thing but the 20 kilometer ITT is...
Only 0:16 down.

What is iLFalco's status for the Giro? Won't he be Astana's GC guy?

-

lwedge said:
Only 0:16 down.

What is iLFalco's status for the Giro? Won't he be Astana's GC guy?
I am sure he is. With Basso out, Savoldelli has got to be extremely motivated. It looks like he has good power judging by his prologue in the TdR.