Tour de Toona: advice?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Kurgan Gringion, Jul 30, 2003.

  1. "Weiwen" <weiwentg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm doing the men's Cat 4 points race at Toona. Any advice from anyone
    who's
    > done it (aside from be prepared to suffer)? TIA, --Weiwen

    If that's your plan, to heed advice that you get from soliciting rbr, well, let me say that you're
    going to get tooled.

    have fun!

    Tags:

  2. "Weiwen" <weiwentg@hotmail.com> wrote in news:582b65e51586c3cc379b3db4f4a76b83@free.teranews.com:

    > I'm doing the men's Cat 4 points race at Toona. Any advice from anyone who's done it (aside from
    > be prepared to suffer)? TIA, --Weiwen

    Keep the rubber end down ;)

    Your welcome,

    - Boyd S.

  3. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <YDRVa.91$jg.88921@news1.news.adelphia.net>, Kurgan Gringioni
    <kgringioni.remove.it.for.mail@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > "Weiwen" <weiwentg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > I'm doing the men's Cat 4 points race at Toona. Any advice from anyone
    > who's
    > > done it (aside from be prepared to suffer)? TIA, --Weiwen
    >

    > If that's your plan, to heed advice that you get from soliciting rbr, well, let me say that you're
    > going to get tooled.

    It's cat 4. He doesn't need much good advice to know more than his fellow competitors.

    Cat 3 or 4 points race on the road... don't go too hard for the early sprints, you can win with some
    easier-to-get 2nd and 3rd places instead of killing yourself for the wins, most breakaways will be
    short-lived and the guys in them sprinting for points will kill the break quickly, don't contest two
    consecutive sprints, be patient, make sure you go well in the final (double points) sprint because
    even if you don't score points some ties are broken by your position in the final sprint.

    -WG

  4. Weiwen

    Weiwen Guest

    I'm doing the men's Cat 4 points race at Toona. Any advice from anyone who's done it (aside from be
    prepared to suffer)? TIA, --Weiwen

  5. DiGGLeR

    DiGGLeR New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2003
    I have no advice for you, but let me know how it goes for you. My team is going down there to race. I won't be able to make it because I HAVE to go to a wedding. I really wanted to hit that Cat 3 points race, but the wedding is on Fri. Ahhhhhhhhhh. Have a good time though and keep the rubber side down.
    :D :D :D

  6. "Weiwen" <weiwentg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm doing the men's Cat 4 points race at Toona. Any advice from
    anyone who's
    > done it (aside from be prepared to suffer)?

    Warm up a lot early for the crit, then be sure to get a good spot on the start line. You might want
    to observe the staging of another field if they go earlier than you do.

    Scope out the finish of the RR.

    Other than that, standard stage race protocol is key -- stay off your feet as much as possible,
    drink a lot and often, have recovery food ready and waiting for immediately after each race.

    JT

    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit http://www.jt10000.com

Share This Page