Tour d'Toona men's CAT 2 power files

pcannell

Jun 4, 2006
For those that may be interested, attached are the power files from the men's cat 2 road race and crit. The road race has a 3 mile climb (blue knob) that is SRM#1. I climbed that in the lead group at approx 5.14w/kg

The crit was pretty standard with a NP of 315 watts for the 50 min race.

I'd be very interested in how this compares to other similar races like fitchburg or races out west.

Thanks much for posting this! Don't really have something comparable to share (just a 35+ cat 3) but I always appreciate it when people share files like this.

pcannell said:
For those that may be interested, attached are the power files from the men's cat 2 road race and crit. The road race has a 3 mile climb (blue knob) that is SRM#1. I climbed that in the lead group at approx 5.14w/kg

The crit was pretty standard with a NP of 315 watts for the 50 min race.

I'd be very interested in how this compares to other similar races like fitchburg or races out west.

Thanks for sharing those, Peter. I see you finished just behind the 1st chase. I know there were some powerful guys who finished behind you. Did you lose contact on Sugar Run?

What is your weight, btw.

yep, I didn't stick with the lead group all the way to the finish. I was fine after the blue knob climb, ok on the gravel hill climb and then started to cramp on the final climb (tunnel hill), so the last 20k's were on my own.

interestingly the guy who was 1st in the KOM got dropped as well, he finished a few minutes ahead of me and a few behind the lead group.

I just got back into racing about 2 months ago, so I'm not suprised I didn't have the legs near the end of the RR, but I felt pretty good in the crit and circuit race.

pcannell said:
Sorry, weight is 150lbs, 6' tall, 31 years old.

Thanks again. Btw, I know a few guys who did Fitchburg with pm's; I'll try to get their files for you. Jimmy