Tube question

jayme2008

Aug 2, 2006
My bike tube is 25x1.95 now i want to buy new tubes from the probikekit.com.All they have is 700c there out of the uk and i am inc anada can someone tell me if 700c will fit my bike thanks.

Do you mean 26x1.95? (this is the sizing standard used for modern mountain bikes)

If so, 700c tubes won't fit. That's the size standard for road bikes. You'll need 26x (something decimal) tubes. Something like these that Probikekit sell: http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=Y1035

Note that there's a difference between 26x(decimal) (e.g. 26x1.5) and 26x(fractional) (e.g. 26x1 1/2). They are different. However the old fractional measuring is for old bikes only and you'll rarely see it mentioned anywhere.

FYI: the number after the 'x' refers to the width of the tyre. So you might find some tubes rated at a 26x1.25 size. These will work fine with your 1.95 tyres, but the rubber tube will have to stretch a bit to fill the insides of the tyre. On the other hand a 26x2.5 tube will be very big and you may have a bit of trouble stuffing it all into the insides of the tyre, and getting it to fit nice and easily on the rim.

Usually tubes will have their width rating as a range they're designed to work with; that Probikekit one I linked earlier is 26x1.5 to 26x2.25... so would be just right for your tyre.