WADA widens net on Performance-Enhancing Drugs. Please ban these PED's WADA?.

Chapeau!

Jul 31, 2010

Finally!.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100922/ap_on_sp_ol/oly_wada_banned_list

By STEPHEN WILSON, AP Sports Writer Stephen Wilson, Ap Sports Writer –

LONDON – The World Anti-Doping Agency has widened the net on performance-enhancing drugs by creating a new class of banned substances that includes drugs sold on the black market before approval by the pharmaceutical industry.

The "net" needs to be cast very wide indeed.

I'm going to regularly update this list for every drug that is noted to increase athletic performance that WADA & the UCI need to go after & ban outright. Any rider taking these drugs/supplements over that of a "clean" rider will have the major advantage & until these drugs are eradicated from the peleton/track cycling, the racing will never be on a level playing field. As long as the MANY drugs I list on here are still with us in the peleton, the sport of cycling WILL NEVER BE CLEAN.

First off, any rider stacking/consuming the "3 major players" below (or any of the 3), will encounter MASSIVE gains in performance, strength, endurance & power (straight off the bat), regardless of age/experience/training OVER that of a clean rider.

Beta-Alanine
"Advanced" Creatine (Not Monohydrate alone)
Carnosine

TC: Speaking of endurance, what can you tell me about this study from South Korea on Olympic caliber cyclists?

JS: Sure, in a study presented just this summer, Dr. Kim from South Korea, examined the effects of supplementing Olympic caliber cyclist on either beta-alanine (4.8 g per day) or placebo while training for 12 weeks.

The beta-alanine group increased their carnosine levels by 33%, thus increasing anaerobic threshold and time to exhaustion, while the placebo group saw no or very little change.

The placebo group changes are typical in elite athletes as very intense training results in very small performance changes in elite athletes. But the effect of supplementing beta-alanine is huge and could be the difference between a medal and not finishing in the top 10.   • Increases anaerobic threshold (muscular endurance)
• Increases aerobic threshold (endurance in general)
• Increases physical work capacity
• Increases lean mass
• Increases intercellular carnosine levels dramatically in both fast-twitch and slow-twitch muscles
• Decreases body fat (possibly)

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_interviews/the_next_creatine;jsessionid=C9A7EBBF247479B009D9F995CA8F37DA.hydra

Harris speculates that at normal levels, carnosine contributes to roughly 20% of the buffering capacity in muscle. He believes if you can double carnosine levels with beta-alanine supplementation, you also double your muscles' buffering capacity. 

Knowledge.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_supplements/supplement_superstar

When you combine creatine and beta-alanine, your training volume goes up and you get stronger. The athletes were able to knock out more reps with the same weights, and although this was the case with the other groups, it happened to a greater and more significant extent in the creatine plus beta-alanine group.

What's crazy about this study (besides me being so vague) is that the subjects were Olympic caliber athletes! More on this soon!

Also lets have these on the banned list too, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Central Nervous System Stimulants

Acetyl-L Carnitine Arginate
Citrulline Malate
Alpha GPC
DMAE 
L-Tyrosine
N Acetyl Cysteine
Piracetam
Aniracetam
Glucoronolactone
Caffeine

Oxiractam
Indium
Taurine
L- Carnitine
Ribose
Pyruvate
Tribulus
Rhodiola Rosea
Cordyceps
L- Glutamine
Choline
Inositol
Inosine
L-Arginine/L-Ornithine Formula
Pycnogenol 
Creatine ethyl ester 

Failure to do so = A doped rider. A rider who has gained a significant advantage.

I will keep the list updated.

WADA taking action now will see cycling return to the days of desire, determination, heart, guts, dedication, discipline (what cycling should be all about) & not the rider who has the advanced knowledge on which "stacks, non illegal products" produce the best results. We will return to the days of who trains the hardest, who has the higher VO2max getting the results they deserve. Until all these drugs/supplementary aids are eradicated (dope), the sport of cycling WILL NEVER BE CLEAN.

All the top guys (Cancellara/Gilbert/Tony Martin/Vino/Armstrong/Phinney etc) are ALL "doping", just not with illegal juice.

Its upto the UCI & WADA to take a stance. If not, your not cleaning up the sport & without eradicating ALL the KNOWN stimulants, non-illegal "pharmaceutical cocktails" & muscle/latic acid buffers, you never will.

A great source (link) below for WADA & the UCI to look at, which acknowledges the use of such products which caters towards increases in athletic performance.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/infopages.html

2 random examples.

Ribose   What is Ribose and what does it do?
Ribose, a unique, 5-carbon sugar that occurs naturally in all living cells forms the carbohydrate portion of DNA and RNA, the building blocks of life. Ribose is also the sugar that begins the metabolic process for production of adenosine triphosphate (or ATP). ATP is the major source of energy used by cells including muscle tissue for normal function.

Research on Ribose and Energy Recovery in Athletes

Intense exercise causes a significant decrease in skeletal muscle energy levels. In fact, it can take 3 days or longer for these energy levels to recover! Recent studies show, however, that supplementing with high quality ribose hastens energy recovery in all types of skeletal muscles. This means you'll be able to work out longer and build muscle faster because you will recover quicker from intense workouts, having the energy to do more!

Inosine   What is Inosine and what does it do?   Inosine is useful as a training companion. It is a natural substance that can help increase the body's ability to carry oxygen, without affecting its uptake in the lungs, so it can work harder, stronger.* (Sounds like something a little more notorious?). Inosine is a purine nucleoside which works with ribose in forming the building blocks of ATP, DNA and RNA. When maximum stimulation is reached Inosine is converted into nutrients used by the body.* A daily supplement of inositol provides this supplement in purity and potency, and is recommended for daily use.*

There all a form of legal doping.

A legal form for which a rider can gain a significant advantage.

I was expecting caffeine being banned, but its slipped through the net. Bad news as it improves performance in endurance sports (but some riders hate drinking coffee). Much worse, I have seen studies which document at least 5 of the CNS stimulants in the list to have better effects on performance than caffeine due to the side effects of caffeine. 

Claims being made by some of the companies (spending millions to back-up the research).

*** ***** PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:

1. Increased Lean Body Mass
2. Dramatic Strength & Endurance
3. Increased Protein Synthesis
4. Faster Recuperation From Exercise
5. Increased Vascularity
6. Better Nutrient Usage
7. Enhanced Endogenous Creatine Production
8. Stimulates A Positive Nitrogen Balance
9. Zero SUGAR and Carbs
10. GUARANTEED RESULTS!

Why buy **** *?
Buffer lactic acid
Improve creatine use
Improve workout performance

There are 5 key areas of interest that ************ ****** addresses:
1. Stimulates Protein Synthesis.
2. Reduces Fatigue
3. Increases Strength
4. Increases mental focus
5. Raises blood Arginine levels for increased Pumps

All these products are lined with the likes of beta-alanine, creatine, carnosine, carnitine, malate etc with a built in "transport" system.

All legal.

Quote: Ettore Torri says "The longer I'm involved in this the more it marvels me how widespread doping is. [COLOR= #ff0000]And I don't think it will be eradicated[/COLOR]."

[COLOR= #ff0000]Correct![/COLOR].

Only one has to look at all the juice posted in this thread.

That's a mighty long list... I marvel at your free time.

Apart from your extensive "dictionary" of knowledge the key points (along with the obvious chems) are: IV use and ****/auto blood doping.

With the newer EPO etc tests, riders have been forced to go 'old school' and actually slam their blood back into themselves. Hopefully with the new DEHP 'plastic' test the testers will be able to determine who was breaking a fundamental covenant of the sport.

As to caffeine, it used to have a limit to its use but is now carte blanche. Same as ephedrine. I guess they figured they had bigger battles to fight.

Originally Posted by tetevide .

That's a mighty long list... I marvel at your free time.

Apart from your extensive "dictionary" of knowledge the key points (along with the obvious chems) are: IV use and ****/auto blood doping.

With the newer EPO etc tests, riders have been forced to go 'old school' and actually slam their blood back into themselves. Hopefully with the new DEHP 'plastic' test the testers will be able to determine who was breaking a fundamental covenant of the sport.

As to caffeine, it used to have a limit to its use but is now carte blanche. Same as ephedrine. I guess they figured they had bigger battles to fight.
Guys such as Greg LeMond think EPO & HGH are the be all, end all & if they were completely erradicated tomorrow it would solve all the problems.

Take a walk.

Go ask Joe Papp what EPO did for him. NOTHING. And no, I don't buy the fact everyone above him was juicing the same gear.

Originally Posted by Chapeau! .

Acetyl-L Carnitine Arginate
Citrulline Malate
Alpha GPC
DMAE
L-Tyrosine
N Acetyl Cysteine
Piracetam
Aniracetam
Glucoronolactone
Caffeine

Oxiractam
Indium
Taurine
L- Carnitine
Ribose
Pyruvate
Tribulus
Rhodiola Rosea
Cordyceps
L- Glutamine
Choline
Inositol
Inosine
L-Arginine/L-Ornithine Formula
Pycnogenol
Creatine ethyl ester
A lot of people employed in the supplement industry will end up out of work!

Originally Posted by steve .
A lot of people employed in the supplement industry will end up out of work!
Well that decision will rest on the shoulders of the governing bodies & what there particular beliefs are. Sports which house the IFBB, IPF, IAAF etc will probably not follow suit.

But if the UCI are serious about cleaning up cycling, they need to seriously consider eradicating everything in this thread.

I can see your point though. Creatine for example is a billion $ industry something WADA wouldn't seriously consider banning.

I'm currently juicing with a product called Jack3d. Now, you would have a difficult time convincing me EPO is any better than that product having experienced both.

Originally Posted by Chapeau! .

I'm currently juicing with a product called Jack3d. Now, you would have a difficult time convincing me EPO is any better than that product having experienced both.

Ha, apparently thats a very popular product.

Originally Posted by steve .

Ha, apparently thats a very popular product.
I'm gonna "speculate" here. They say Philipe Gilbert is 100% clean, but if the case be hes juicing with such products, then hes benefiting tremendously, to the extent of EPO. All legal.

I really wish people would get off the nuts of EPO & gun down the other juice out there.

Totally overrated in my book & did nothing for Papp's credentials.