WARNING! Non P.C. message

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Dan Burkhart, Dec 25, 2005.

  1. Dan Burkhart

    Dan Burkhart New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2003
    To all here.

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

    Dan

    Tags:

  2. landotter

    landotter Guest

    A simple "Good Yule" would have sufficed.

    :p

  3. bernmart

    bernmart Guest

    Yeah, cut it out, man. PC has nothing to do with it. This agnostic
    Jew both wishes and welcomes "Merry Christmas" from anybody. O'Reilly
    is a jerk.

  4. Nuck 'n Futz

    Nuck 'n Futz Guest

    bernmart wrote (after deleting all context):

    > Yeah, cut it out, man. PC has nothing to do with it. This agnostic
    > Jew both wishes and welcomes "Merry Christmas" from anybody. O'Reilly
    > is a jerk.

    Way to completely misrepresent (as well as misunderstand) his position.

    N&F

  5. Chalo

    Chalo Guest

    bernmart wrote:
    > Yeah, cut it out, man. PC has nothing to do with it. This agnostic
    > Jew both wishes and welcomes "Merry Christmas" from anybody. O'Reilly
    > is a jerk.

    Yeah, it makes me wonder why the guy doesn't get his nose out of joint
    about our near-complete abnegation of other important Masses and Feast
    Days.

    Epiphany is coming up, you know, and none of my local retailers have
    any Epiphany decorations and banners up. God-damned apostate heathens.
    All those Secular Humanist bastards have to say is "Happy New Year!",
    as if Christ didn't even die a horrible grisly death for their tawdry
    sins.

    Chalo Colina

  6. For clarfification purposes, why do wish people merry xmas and a happy
    new year? can we wish people happyness in both ocassions? or, could we
    wish people merryness on birthdays, sangivin and 4rth of july?

    Imagine all the time, saliva, ink and paper we could save by wishing
    people happy xmas and new year. or, in my case, since the past few days
    have been happy but not holy, we could say "happy days".

    Andres

  7. On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 00:23:13 +1100, Dan Burkhart
    <Dan.Burkhart.20llgd@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:

    >To all here.
    >
    >M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S ! ! ! ! !

    Damn you Dan, how dare you bring religion into this newsgroup! Nobody
    should be allowed to say Christmas in public!

    Jasper

  8. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On 27 Dec 2005 05:08:26 -0800, andresmuro@aol.com wrote:

    >For clarfification purposes, why do wish people merry xmas and a happy
    >new year? can we wish people happyness in both ocassions? or, could we
    >wish people merryness on birthdays, sangivin and 4rth of july?
    >
    >Imagine all the time, saliva, ink and paper we could save by wishing
    >people happy xmas and new year. or, in my case, since the past few days
    >have been happy but not holy, we could say "happy days".

    That's part of the rationale behind the inclusive "Happy Holidays"
    used widely; it applies to more than just a certain holiday that not
    everyone even celebrates. Nearly every religious and/or ethnic group
    has some sort of festival or memorial at this time of year (and New
    Year's Day is an official holiday in all of North America anyway, so
    that one can be certain that using "Happy Holidays" in that area has
    at least one point of applicability regardless), so using that
    expression covers a multitude of bases without making any assumptions
    that have a significant chance of being invalid. Whether your holiday
    is Christmas or Yule or Hanukkah or something I've never even heard
    of, it's covered. Anyone who chooses to take offense at my attempt to
    be polite *to all* is a boorish cur, and deserves a lump of coal for
    their humbugging.

    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

  9. Nuckin' Futz

    Nuckin' Futz Guest

    Werehatrack wrote:
    > On 27 Dec 2005 05:08:26 -0800, andresmuro@aol.com wrote:
    >
    >> For clarfification purposes, why do wish people merry xmas and a
    >> happy new year? can we wish people happyness in both ocassions? or,
    >> could we wish people merryness on birthdays, sangivin and 4rth of
    >> july?
    >>
    >> Imagine all the time, saliva, ink and paper we could save by wishing
    >> people happy xmas and new year. or, in my case, since the past few
    >> days have been happy but not holy, we could say "happy days".

    > That's part of the rationale behind the inclusive "Happy Holidays"
    > used widely; it applies to more than just a certain holiday that not
    > everyone even celebrates. Nearly every religious and/or ethnic group
    > has some sort of festival or memorial at this time of year (and New
    > Year's Day is an official holiday in all of North America anyway, so
    > that one can be certain that using "Happy Holidays" in that area has
    > at least one point of applicability regardless), so using that
    > expression covers a multitude of bases without making any assumptions
    > that have a significant chance of being invalid. Whether your holiday
    > is Christmas or Yule or Hanukkah or something I've never even heard
    > of, it's covered. Anyone who chooses to take offense at my attempt to
    > be polite *to all* is a boorish cur, and deserves a lump of coal for
    > their humbugging.

    Like many others, you misunderstand and/or misrepresent what the so-called
    "controversy" concerns.

    No one is /offended/ at "Happy Holidays"; they're /offended/ when they're
    not ALLOWED to mention Christmas for fear of /offending/ someone else.
    Granted, many examples are downright silly, but others are quite telling.

    As with most matters, plain old courtesy and common sense go a long way...

    NF

  10. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    Jasper Janssen wrote:
    > On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 00:23:13 +1100, Dan Burkhart
    > <Dan.Burkhart.20llgd@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
    >
    >> To all here.
    >>
    >> M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S ! ! ! ! !

    > Damn you Dan, how dare you bring religion into this newsgroup! Nobody
    > should be allowed to say Christmas in public!

    And in all caps with {gasp} E X T R A S P A C E S ! ! ! ! Jesus...

    Bill "blame Jobst for my changed user name" S.

  11. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:25:06 GMT, "Nuckin' Futz" <anon@anon.com>
    wrote:

    >No one is /offended/ at "Happy Holidays"; they're /offended/ when they're
    >not ALLOWED to mention Christmas for fear of /offending/ someone else.
    >Granted, many examples are downright silly, but others are quite telling.
    >
    >As with most matters, plain old courtesy and common sense go a long way...

    And when it comes to this one, silliness abounds...and yes, I have
    seen examples of people actually getting huffy about being wished
    "Happy Holidays" around here. But I'm in Texas; boorishness,
    discourtesy and disrespect toward anyone who doesn't fit the narrow
    mold of the viewer's version of Acceptable Types is fast overtaking
    football as the national religion. (Christianity stopped being a
    religion and was reclassified as an unregulated public utility with a
    service monopoly long ago.) Of course, probably half the population
    shows gross evidence of something that's in DSM-IV.
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

  12. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:28:23 GMT, "Sorni" <sornidelicates@san.rr.com>
    wrote:

    >Jasper Janssen wrote:
    >> On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 00:23:13 +1100, Dan Burkhart
    >> <Dan.Burkhart.20llgd@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> To all here.
    >>>
    >>> M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S ! ! ! ! !

    >> Damn you Dan, how dare you bring religion into this newsgroup! Nobody
    >> should be allowed to say Christmas in public!

    >And in all caps with {gasp} E X T R A S P A C E S ! ! ! ! Jesus...
    >
    >Bill "blame Jobst for my changed user name" S.

    An indelicate edit, I must say.
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

  13. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    Werehatrack wrote:
    > On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:28:23 GMT, "Sorni" <sornidelicates@san.rr.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Jasper Janssen wrote:

    >>> Damn you Dan, how dare you bring religion into this newsgroup!
    >>> Nobody should be allowed to say Christmas in public!

    >> And in all caps with {gasp} E X T R A S P A C E S ! ! ! ! Jesus...
    >>
    >> Bill "blame Jobst for my changed user name" S.

    > An indelicate edit, I must say.

    Took me a minute :)

    Bill "maybe I'll resolve to start paying attention...at least to what *I*
    do!" S.

Share This Page