Water Bottle

Sunflogun

Apr 20, 2015
So, I was about to buy a water bottle support for my bike, when I noticed I didn't measure the holes to fix it. I went back to the bike and it has no holes lol. All the new bikes are like this these days?

What kid of bike do you have? I see you post in the bike buying advice forum. Maybe you ought to stop posting there! :lol:

I'm a little confused by your terminology, Bottle support? Do you mean "water bottle cage"?

Measure the holes? Why would you need to measure the holes? Bike come with threaded holes that are pretty much standard so that they fit most bottle cages and cage screws. OR maybe I'm not understanding what you are trying to say about measuring the holes.

I don't think I have seen a bike without water bottles. Maybe a time trial bike but even women frames have at least one.

Anyway, if your frame is missing the holes for water bottle cages, there are alternatives like this. Strap on cages. I've seen many different choices online. Do a search if this might be something you need. B)

http://www.amazon.com/Fish-Quick-Water-Bottle-Holder/dp/B00P4ALJ7Y

Attachments

• 0wb.JPG
    0wb.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 13
Only bikes I've seen with no support for water bottle cages are BMX's, and even then I've seen some examples with fittings in place!

I can't see how a bike can't have supports for them these days, unless it's some time trial fast bike or something.

+1 to Susimi and Mr. Beanz.

@Sunflogun, you can just post close up photos of your bike. It should have water bottle braze-ons unless it is a really, really old bicycle.

Bob