what do you guys wash your bib shorts with

I don't wash my cycling shorts. They smell like a fine French cheese. ;)

Actually I use just a little normal laundry detergant.

I use Sport Wash. There's another brand that's similar, but I can't remember it's name. I'll try to come up with it. Always good would be any pure soap detergent.

Sport Wash can be used in HE washers and has been muy effective for me. A possible problem with regular detergents is that your nads may not get on with any residual products in the chamois, under the heat and pressure of time in the saddle. Also, certain materials don't do well with regular detergents (I'm not a textile guy, so I'm not sure why.), and the stuff in chamois could be some of those materials. I dunno.

I use Sport Wash, too. It was recommended by my LBS, but Wal-Mart sells it for a lot less.:)

I found two products called Sport Wash. One is made by "Penguin" and the other by "Sno-Seal". Which one should I grab?

ojuice said:
I found two products called Sport Wash. One is made by "Penguin" and the other by "Sno-Seal". Which one should I grab?
SnoSeal

sportwash.jpg

Cycler6n said:
thx, i've heard of using hand soap, but wasn't brave enough to try it :D
i wash mine in the shower with soap, or small amount of w/deturgent in the w/machine :cool:

What do people recommend for washing bike shorts with? Lol some kind of laundry detergent probably. Woolite for gentle hand washing. Lol. Some kind of natural essential oil cleanser would be good.
Smelly french cheese shorts. Lol shower gel by hand he said. Whatever you can find I guess.

I can wash with any soap and my laundry comes out fresh the same. My trick is to give them a first wash without soap before the actual laundry. Then at the end I allow them to rest in the fabric softener for a while before I rinse.