What do you reply when somebody says "I hear you're a good cyclist"

jplucas14

Apr 22, 2014
Even if you are a really good cyclist, I would assume you still want to be humble about it. I get asked this a lot, but don't really know how to reply in a non-douchey way.

Reactions: haleylx4
"I usually charge for my autograph, but in your case..."

What maydog said.

I say thanks but there is always better!
cool.png

I say I appreciate the compliment but I believe you have me confused with Campy Bob.

If it's a stunning female that asks, I usually just smile and ask in return, "Does this smell like Chloroform to you?".

I would respond with, "That's a nice compliment! I admit to being passionate about cycling. Do you ride?"

What others think of me is none of my business. It's always nice to hear a compliment, though.

Brian in VA

Although it is highly unlikely that someone would make that comment to me (I typically ride 12-17 miles, at 12 mph,5 times per week), if I was told that I'd simply say a thank you followed by "I'm just a cyclist."

Best regards

Barry
68, New Jersey

"It's not me, it's the 10,000$ bike!" usually it's "Better than you but worse than most ;)"

I know I am still far from becoming a good cyclist but if someone would tell that compliment to me, I would simply smile and say thank you. Deep inside that compliment will fuel me to do my best

My response?

"I hear you're a good conversationalist! ..."

Then hold this face & say nothing for twenty minutes until they walk away:
lol-guy.jpg

Haha, that's not very friendly Joan, come on, maybe they are just being nice. :lol:

I wouldn't know, it never happens lol. Even if I were overly good, I generally keep my hobbies to myself as nobody I know shares the same interests as me. Any athletic people that I do are generally much more advanced than I.