What Is Your Biggest Weakness In Terms Of Cycling

My biggest problem is power and endurance, I'm not what I used to be 20 years ago, back then I can do a lot of freestyle tricks and I regularly do ramps, but age affects everyone, and years of corporate work, cigarette smokng and non riding brought my endurance down. I'm trying to build up my power and endurance again by lessening my smoking, drinking a lot of vitamins and by riding.

This is really good and I hope everything will work out better for you. Smoking can really affect the energy we have as riders and it's a good thing that you are working towards reducing the intake at the moment for that is the only way you can regain your endurance level as well.

Reactions: Kakashi
This is really good and I hope everything will work out better for you. Smoking can really affect the energy we have as riders and it's a good thing that you are working towards reducing the intake at the moment for that is the only way you can regain your endurance level as well.

Trying to quit smoking is easy o_O I've tried it hundreds of times.:)
Seriously I've been trying to quit smoking for decades but everytime I'm on my 3rd or 4th day of being clean, withdrawal symptoms kick in so I start smoking again. I hope there's some kind of medication that could automatically make a smoker stop smoking without any adverse effects.

I took a break from cycling for about three years, and right now my biggest weakness is my endurance, I haven't returned to my previous biking shape and I get tired easily compared to before.

Trying to quit smoking is easy o_O I've tried it hundreds of times.:)
Seriously I've been trying to quit smoking for decades but everytime I'm on my 3rd or 4th day of being clean, withdrawal symptoms kick in so I start smoking again. I hope there's some kind of medication that could automatically make a smoker stop smoking without any adverse effects.

I totally understand how difficult it is to be free from something that we have been doing over a period of time, but it is going to be part of the sacrifice that you make by ensuring that you quit as soon as you can. I've really forgotten, but there are series of things that you can do to assist in stopping the act of smoking since it affects your riding performance.

My weakness is endurance. I easily grew weary and tired whenever I've gone to extra far places. I could barely endure so I always need to get enough rest everytime I've reached so far.

I think my cardio, I'm losing air sometimes for the long travel using my bike. Specially going up hill, much better to walk for me to that kind of roads. I think I'm not getting younger anymore.

My biggest weakness is being impatient with heavy road-traffics and also I overthink too much of my surrounding.

Age is only the weakness I can see in cycling. When you get old it's already hard for you to go and venture new things.

My biggest weakness would probably be my age. It's not easy to cycle for long distances. This is why I prefer doing short runs because I'm less likely to tire myself out.

My biggest weakness in cycling is stamina on an uphill climb. It's because I still smoke and it's really hard not to stop and rest sometimes before I would ride uphill.

My biggest weakness in cycling is stamina on an uphill climb. It's because I still smoke and it's really hard not to stop and rest sometimes before I would ride uphill.

Oh, that's unfortunate. I hope you can lessen your frequency of smoking. Most people still find it hard climb uphill even without smoking. I probably would too if I went there often.

Oh, that's unfortunate. I hope you can lessen your frequency of smoking. Most people still find it hard climb uphill even without smoking. I probably would too if I went there often.

Whenever I go on cycling after a couple of weeks or a month off, I would really have a hard time going uphill even if the slope is generally easy, it's like my chest is gonna explode. One time when I had just resumed cycling after 3 months of stopping due to rainy and bad weather, I tried my old route which has 2 uphill climbs. My heart palpitated and I ended up in the ER, it seems that I was out of shaped and got a little fat on and the sudden activity put a strain on my heart as well as my constant smoking. Nowadays I still smoke but only 3 sticks a day, since I had a stroke last year.

Whenever I go on cycling after a couple of weeks or a month off, I would really have a hard time going uphill even if the slope is generally easy, it's like my chest is gonna explode. One time when I had just resumed cycling after 3 months of stopping due to rainy and bad weather, I tried my old route which has 2 uphill climbs. My heart palpitated and I ended up in the ER, it seems that I was out of shaped and got a little fat on and the sudden activity put a strain on my heart as well as my constant smoking. Nowadays I still smoke but only 3 sticks a day, since I had a stroke last year.

Gosh! You sure went through a lot. It's probably the sudden strain after a long time of inactivity. Well, please take better care of yourself. It seems that cycling is beneficial to your overall health. But do be careful. :)

Ankle issues! I've had 2 sprints in my right ankle and 1 in my left one, not for cycling but for gymnastics, and I can't ride for long periods because they hurt. Also, my cardio resistance needs some improvement, and all that mixed together makes me a short period rider. Honestly, I don't have enough time to be riding for whole days, but I would like to get better and overcome that issue.

In 4.5 months, I have gotten better in most areas of cycling. Still have ways to go, but I feel i'm making good progress. In terms of my biggest weak area, I would say cornering at high speeds, especially on descends. I think part of it is, I am still sometimes hesitant and brake at the wrong time. I also tend to not bend enough and often swing wide. I make sure to corner slower on busy roads, but try to practice cornering faster on slower ones.

What are your'e weak areas in cycling.
Look, I raced motorcycles semi-pro for several years. I very, very seldom see a bicyclist who even has a clue about how to corner. Some of them are downright dangerous to themselves and anyone around them. So do NOT push yourself in this regard.

Probably stamina. I'm a lifelong sufferer from asthma, and though it doesn't hit me as often as it used to it can still kick in at bad times, especially when I'm overexerting myself. Wheezing really punches you in the gut and kills your longevity when you're on a bike. It's especially bad during allergy season, as my asthma will sometimes react to what's in the air, though since I moved away from my hometown I've found this to be less and less of a problem. My stamina's not terrible when asthma isn't a factor - at a manageable clip I can ride for an hour or two before needing to head home - but I'd still like to improve.

Actually doing it when I have the time is another big problem. I'm sure most adults can commiserate with this.
I was doing a job for the military - programming poison gas detectors to discover those "weapons of mass destruction that weren't there" but were. I could not get the damn thing to respond properly and have accurate results over the entire range of "I can just barely detect something" to "I'm dead". I finally reacquainted myself with calculus and worked out the physicists formulas and the assholes had it wrong. So I got excited about getting it to work and assumed that the chamber pump-out time was as it should be - 100% safety margin and entered the chamber after 45 minutes instead of an hour. Everything worked and I finished the project. But I was racing at the time. I was a Cat 5. They would start the Cat 1, 2 and 3 and then the Cat 4 and 5. On some course the Front group would be coming passed as we started and I could hang on the back of the 3's. After that bad decision I couldn't hang on the back of the 5's. The gas had scarred the inside of my lungs so I'm permanently slow.

My father died from Emphysema from smoking and my uncle a slow and painful death from lung cancer. As my father was dying he asked me to quit smoking and I stopped cold from two packs a day. A week later I tried a cigarette and it tasted so bad I quit permanently. I am not known for having particularly strong will power so if I could do it anyone could do it.

Look, I raced motorcycles semi-pro for several years. I very, very seldom see a bicyclist who even has a clue about how to corner. Some of them are downright dangerous to themselves and anyone around them. So do NOT push yourself in this regard.

That statement was over 3 years ago....A long time...lol.... Although i've gotten better at cornering, i'm smart enough to never push myself out of my comfort zone while cornering. Luckily, I'm one of the stronger climbers and chasers in my ride group. I 'd rather decent slow and play catch up than mix it up on the downhills going 40-50 mph.

My biggest weakness is being impatient with heavy road-traffics and also I overthink too much of my surrounding.
That is sort of a problem with me as well. Though one of the side effects of the anti-convulsant I take is irritability. But to have a car going 50 mph in a 25 zone almost touching you as they pass at speed and then a quarter of a block ahead pull over three lanes to turn left and run a red light might have something to do with it. This is absolutely normal driving in California. They could give tickets but instead they pass taxes to steal money from drivers good and bad to "fix the roads". But since the state is broke despite what Moonbeam Brown has to say, they spend the money to cover the generous wages and retirement that government workers have. And the population has to put up with the careless driving and increasing death rates here.