What is your greatest challenge as a rider?

Henrywrites

Feb 12, 2018
The greatest challenge that I have had as a biker rider is the presence of bike thieves in the neighborhood. They have even decided to be using some tools to break bike chains.

What is the greatest challenge that you are having as a rider?

My greatest challenge is motivation, don't get me wrong I love to ride but the motivation to go faster is lacking, I think I'm still burned out from my racing years that ended way back in the mid 80's!!!! that's nuts...that means I'm nuts!

My greatest challenge is riding for exercise to lose weight, then giving in to the tempting smells emanating from the burger joints as I approach them.

The greatest challenge that I have had as a biker rider is the presence of bike thieves in the neighborhood. They have even decided to be using some tools to break bike chains.

It's the ones who don't need tools to break bike chains that you need to worry about!

My Greatest challenge is not being so damn self conscious out there in the tight fitting clothing.

I’d probably say that my greatest challenge has always been simply getting out there and riding. It isn’t to say that I don’t love cycling—otherwise I obviously wouldn’t be on this forum—but for as far back as I can remember, I’ve always lacked the motivation to do things. I’m just an inherently lazy person, and getting out of my chair is usually the hardest part of doing anything.

Now, that doesn’t mean that I don’t give 110% once I’m finally out there, it’s just that actually getting out takes me way more effort than it normally should. But as Newton’s law goes, a body in motion stays in motion—but a body eating chips and playing video games is going to have a hard time getting into motion.

My greatest challenge in being a rider is where to park my bike in public safely not getting it stolen. Also carrying my bike over a lot of overhead walkways which is my hardest obstacle in the city, it's very steep and roughly about 1000 feet all in all.

The greatest challenge that I had is when someone tried to steal my bicycle. I was just buying inside a convenience store, I left my bike outside of course but then I saw that a man is trying to steal it by forcing the chain out of the wheel of my bicycle. Good thing that my father taught me how to chain well things so that no one could remove it. I called the guard nearby and reported the incident. After that incident, I realize how important it is to always secure your own bicycle.

On my first time to join a group of riders going to the uphill and winding road in the nearby town, I was emboldened to keep in their pace because they were very supportive maybe knowing that I was an amateur. The uphill climb was an acid test for my legs and although I had to stop from time to time, I’d say I did it with flying colors. On my way back, that was the biggest challenge because that was the first time that I had experienced a steep descent that I almost crashed several times.