What's the best way to carry a smartphone that's pretty heat-sensitive?

pantlesspenguin

Jun 1, 2011
When I start riding on trails, I want to carry my phone with me. I have an app called Cardio Trainer that I use to track my other outdoor workouts & I can't wait to use this while cycling. The thing is, it gets pretty dang hot here in Kansas City in the summer. I thought about getting a little pouch to attach to my bike, but I'd be afraid of the phone getting too hot in there. I also thought about keeping it in my light canvas backpack where I'll be keeping my water bladder, sunscreen, inhaler, wallet, snacks, etc, but I'm afraid of my water bladder or sunscreen leaking and getting my phone wet.

Any other suggestions?

Store it in your Camelback if you have one. The water bladder should keep it plenty cool enough and I never had a bladder leak on me in ten years.

Good to know, thanks! I've never used a bladder before so I just wasn't certain. I'd be keeping the bladder inside the backpack, loose with my other items.

I suggest placing your phone in a heavy zip lock bag, which would protect it in case of a water leak, perspiration, etc. I do the same, in a separate zip lock bag, for my wallet.

Reactions: davereo