What's Your Favorite Energy Supplement?

srock

Jul 14, 2015
My favorite energy supplements are super foods added into smoothies. Cacao beans, maca root powder, and spirulina all give me great energy. I like that 1tsp to 1tbsp of each contain a concentrated dose of vital nutrients, so I'm using minimal energy to digest. I can even simply add them to water and get moving. The best part is, I know the energy is from a whole food source without any processing, synthetics or additives!

What are your favorite supplements for an energy boost?

Reactions: nonicenevecs86
My favorite is green tea! I drink green tea before a bike ride to get me energized and hydrated and also to help with boosting my metabolism. If I go on a morning bike ride and need the boost, I will drink some coffee. I usually try to stray away from any strong energy supplements. I take some nuts or a banana to give me a boost if need be. I highly recommend preparing cold-brewed green tea by leaving 2 bags of green tea in a water container overnight. It is refreshing, amazing and gives you great energy and hydration for a bike ride.

Energy and stamina, bananas. I'll eat a lot of them or make a shake out of them. The endurance and energy is unsurpassed to any supplement. They just need to be ripe to digest well.

Fruits and other sources of natural energy. Going natural is the best way to go. When I really need a boost though, then I drink some Kick starts and such.

Yeah! So great to hear you all prefer natural whole foods to supplements! I also eat at least one banana every day, and I agree with freddyonabike that cold-brewed tea and coffee are the best! I metabolize the caffeine much better from cold-brews, and I like that it uses zero energy.

If I do not feel like moving about I stop and spend my time in bed instead to recharge I think that is the best energy booster for me. Anyway I do not use anything that is overly processed or loaded with all sorts of hype and junk I prefer to take in all natural food and supplements. Have you heard about virgin coconut oil? It actually gives you the energy that you need the moment you take a teaspoon of it. It helps boost your metabolism too

Keyan, that is very good insight into your body's natural energy cycle. Practicing awareness and regulation of energy is essential for balanced health. I too use virgin coconut oil. It is also detoxifies the body, gently enough to use every day. I sometimes put it in my hot tea or coffee.

I have a crazy concoction of teas that I drink. I brew a gallon at a time and keep it in the refrigerator. I brew organic Ceylon, nettles, stevia, selfheal, lemonbalm and a few other herbs, depending on my mood or need. Herb teas are full of vitamins and minerals, the Ceylon gives it a little kick of caffeine, and the stevia adds a little sweetness. I usually let it brew overnight to get the maximum nutrients out of the leaves. I keep a big bottle of it with me at all times when I am biking or doing any physical activity.

Unfiltered beer! Buy good beer and support a local craftsman.
Did you know Bruce Lee used to take brewers yeast as a nutrition supplement?
What other human can stand up to Chuck Norris and live to tell!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't take actual supplements for energy or any other purpose as a general rule. If it is a pill, unless prescribed by a doctor, you are probably just creating expensive urine. When it comes to things like energy drinks or energy shots the only active ingredient that is doing anything is caffeine in most cases. The extra vitamins are just ending up in the toilet.

When it comes to energy for a workout, I really do not change much and so I guess I rely on coffee. It may seem weird, but that is just where I get my caffeine from and like other users have said that is most of what all those energy products are anyways. Of course when it is hot out I need to get a little more creative and go with something iced. I do not drink it while working out either, if that was not obvious.

A good fresh banana smoothie is the best energy booster for me. I really don't eat that much food before I ride but I always drink a banana smoothie along with vitamin supplements like 1500 mg of vitamin C, and Multivitamins.

I like yogurt drinks. It makes me feel light and energetic. It also helps with my digestion. I drink every day in the morning.

For me it's best to eat an hour or two before riding to give some time to digest the food. Then about 15 minutes before riding I would gulp down a fruit smoothie this would give me a burst of energy for the ride.

I love the oatmeal drinks now available in convenience stores, they complement breakfast in the morning and give a nice boost of energy for biking.

I'm all natural when it comes to my diet, so naturally (pun intended) I like nature's energy boosting foods and drinks such as green tea!

I used to enjoy energy drinks such as Monster and Red Bull, but for some reason I developed a caffeine sensitivity and they started making me sick. It's a good thing I did, because those energy drinks are so incredibly unhealthy, mainly because of the ridiculous amounts of sugar and stupid high levels of B vitamins.

Green tea is light in caffeine and good for the body, so I find it refreshing and energizing. Now that summer is approaching, I'll be making freshly brewed, iced green tea to sip on throughout the day.