What's your favorite shoe?

SpinChic

May 22, 2006
Hey.....As you can see, I just found this site! I have been cycling (mountain biking) for years, but have decided to buy shoes. I'm also going to get rid of my clipless paddles and by clips. So, I'm looking for some advise on shoes as well as clip paddles. I know there are 3 different types, but what's the most universal. I also do a lot of indoor spinning. Just to let you know, I have very narrow feet. If any of you ladies have narrow feet, what shoe are you wearing?

Thanks,
SpinChic

Hey!

I work in bikes'shop, and if you want good shoes for biking, you should buy the brand: SPECIALIZED.

It's very fabulous!!! They have product range for women.:) :) :)

SpinChic said:
Hey.....As you can see, I just found this site! I have been cycling (mountain biking) for years, but have decided to buy shoes. I'm also going to get rid of my clipless paddles and by clips. So, I'm looking for some advise on shoes as well as clip paddles. I know there are 3 different types, but what's the most universal. I also do a lot of indoor spinning. Just to let you know, I have very narrow feet. If any of you ladies have narrow feet, what shoe are you wearing?

Thanks,
SpinChic
A woman I know who has VERY NARROW FEET, too, says that the SIDI shoes she finally bought fit her perfectly.

I have been racing xc for a few years and have tried a few different shoes along the way. You really want to go for a shoe that suits the narrow width of the foot, is light, and is durable. Shimano shoes tend to be quite wide. Sidi shoes suit the narrow foot, but also have a pointed toe so if the width of your toes is similar to your foot then these will not be suitable. Sidi shoes are also very pricey. Then there is Specialized, which I honestly can say nothing bad about. I currently own two pairs of Specialized mountain bike shoes (moto diva and carbon pro) and they are durable, light, not too pricey, and most importantly have been very comfortable for me.

The pedals I run are shimano 540's, but the shimano 520's are very good also and a bit cheaper.

what about wide with.and how much are we talking?also can you find them online.i do all my shopping online.

I like my Specialized shoes. My forefoot is fairly average width, but my heel is very narrow. The heel cups fit great. I keep the strap closest to the toes a little loose--they could definitely accommodate a narrower foot. And I believe mine aren't even the women's model. They did stretch some, though. For my next pair, I'm looking into a little higher end (mine are pretty cheap), and I'll try out the women's.

I'd recommend NOT buying shoes online. I tried on several different models by the same couple of brands and lots of them were way too wide in the heel. Maybe you'd get lucky ordering a women's shoe online, but it's worth going and trying a bunch on.

aicabsolut said:
I like my Specialized shoes. My forefoot is fairly average width, but my heel is very narrow. The heel cups fit great. I keep the strap closest to the toes a little loose--they could definitely accommodate a narrower foot. And I believe mine aren't even the women's model. They did stretch some, though. For my next pair, I'm looking into a little higher end (mine are pretty cheap), and I'll try out the women's.

I'd recommend NOT buying shoes online. I tried on several different models by the same couple of brands and lots of them were way too wide in the heel. Maybe you'd get lucky ordering a women's shoe online, but it's worth going and trying a bunch on.
Sidi.

SpinChic said:

Thanks,
SpinChic
I love my Sidi Dominators! While yes, they are said to be narrow, I am perfectly comfortable and my feet are far from narrow. I wear a 6.5 US shoe and a 38.5 Dominator. Other brands I have tried have been a 38.

Yes, they are expensive, approximately 200+ US but you can find some sales if you shop online aggressively. These are really well made shoes that will last. So consider this factor in addition to price.

I'm using an Adidas Adistar cycling shoes and a pair of Fila cycling shoes which I both bought in a sale last year for $30 each. What's important is it does the job and I'm comfortable with it.

I love my Sidi Dominators! While yes, they are said to be narrow, I am perfectly comfortable and my feet are far from narrow. I wear a 6.5 US shoe and a 38.5 Dominator. Other brands I have tried have been a 38.

Yes, they are expensive, approximately 200+ US but you can find some sales if you shop online aggressively. These are really well made shoes that will last. So consider this factor in addition to price.
Yep, you have to try Sidi shoes, my sister has tried all kind of brands and she says Sidi have been the most comfy ones. Me, on the other hand, due to my wide feet I can't stand them haha. I suggest you to start using them on indoor cycling, and after maybe a week, they will be ready to go outside, because according to my sister, they work better for long distances after they are adjusted to your feet.

I once had a chance to ride with professional cyclists and I saw how beautiful their shoes are. At that time I was just wearing my Nike running shoes, but then I was introduced to the shoes named "Sidi". It is really stylish as I saw. Also, they told me its very comfortable to wear when cycling because it gives a grip that normal rubber shoes don't give. Now, I'm saving money to buy that brand of shoes. Hoping that someday I'll be able to wear the same shoes as professional cyclists do.