When all is said and done.....

dannii

Apr 15, 2003
Well alot has happened since I finished my epic journey.

On the Wednesday evening that I got in to sydney, I went to dinner with a few collegues and after Canneloni, Sticky Date Pudding and 2 glasses of red, it was all beginning to catch up with me.....it was probably the wine ;)

The next day (thursday) I headed into Darling Harbour, where I grabbed a massage before lounging around sipping coffee and generally watching the world go by. I then stopped off at our office again to have a chat with everyone.

I flew out of Sydney early friday morning bound for home. After struggling with my bike, which was all nicely boxed in a bike transit box through the Brisbane Airport (it was almost as hard as riding the bloody thing to Sydney...hehehe) I made it through the front door of my house by about 1.00pm. As i opened the door to my home, I was first greeted by the astonishment that the boys had managed to keep it so clean ;) and then by the wall sized sign " Welcome Home Wilkes", and then by the sign that had been stuck onto my dog's coat "Welcome Home Dannii!" I threw my bags onto the floor and went straight for the open greeting of my beloved puppy. It was quite a warm day in Brissie, and even though the sign on her little coat was quite a lovely gesture, I decided it too hot for her to wear. Now while I was away, my flatmates kept taunting me on the phone everynight that they were going to shave my dog......and my reply was always the same "you better not, or you are both going to cop it"

When I took my dog's coat off I was greeted by a brilliant red and yellow flame job, which my flatmates have shaved and then painted into her hair........what more could I do then laugh....I must admit that it was hilarious to see this little fluffy toy dog with a flame job painted onto her back.......she just kept looking at me as if to say "Mummy, Look what they have done to me"...with her big sad eyes........hehehe

Well I had quite a few friends ring and drop around last night and it was wonderful to see them again........i know that i was only away for 12 days, but it felt like 112.

It is my 24th birthday on Monday, with a public holiday to boot...woohoo, so I believe we are all going out this evening for a bit of a double celebration....I can't wait to see everyone again.

Thank you too, to all of you who have kept sending me messages and well wishes along the way. I couldn't have done it without all of your constant prodding......Thank You!!! :D

yes it has been a real chore getting you through this marathon event........whats next?

yes bring it on ,.......whats next.......melbourne.....canberra......upper oot marootnar....?